Visitor Log Screen Still Not Working in Firefox 1.11

The Visitors Log screen still hangs, but never loads in Firefox (it just keeps saying “loading data…”), even in the new 1.11 version.

Is this ever going to be fixed?

It has now been like this for a couple of versions (it always used to work fine so it is down to something that has changed in the last few versions).

It works in IE. But I don’t like IE! I like Firefox, and Piwik is now unuseable in Firefox for me, because I spend 90% of the time in the visitors log screen.

Hi have you checked php.ini memory settings? What are they now?

Can you delete piwik tmp/cache

Try deleting the Visitors log and re create it in dashboard?

In firefox there will be several piwik cookies maybe delete some of those and retry?

1. Don’t use IE, Chrome works :wink:
  2. What version of Firefox are you using? Which operating system?
  1. Don’t use IE, Chrome works winking smiley
  1. What version of Firefox are you using? Which operating system?

Chrome is unfortunately owned by Google. They have enough of my data. So that’s out.

Firefox is version 19.0.2 - Funnelcake Jul 2012 - Mozilla14 - 10 - it’s the latest version. Windows 7 Ultimate.

Hi have you checked php.ini memory settings? What are they now?

Can you delete piwik tmp/cache

Try deleting the Visitors log and re create it in dashboard?

In firefox there will be several piwik cookies maybe delete some of those and retry?

Not sure how you would check php.ini memory settings? It used to work fine though until a few versions ago, so I think its some change with the software itself.

I FTPed into piwik tmp/cache - But there was muuch in there anyway. Literally just a “tracker” folder with 7 .php files and 1 .htaccess file. Thats it.

Not sure how you would delete and then recreate the visitors log?

I will try deleting the cookies, but I don’t think thats it. I have deleted them in the past, and I don’t think it helped. Nevertheless I will give it a go.

Thanks.

Is anyone else having this problem? The site is hosted on Hostgator. Does that have any bearing?

This strikes me as the kind of problem that should have a programming solution at the developer end.

The user shouldn’t suddenly have to phaff about with temp files or memory settings out of the blue.

It used to work. Now it doesn’t. What has changed?

Is there an error in the webserver error log?

It’s on shared hosting Matt.

No idea about the webserver error log. Do normal users have access to that on shared hosting? And if so where would it be?

Yes you should have access, usually this is found in the hosting admin area, or admin panel, where you can view logs. If not, I recommend asking your webhost as they sometimes provide on request only

Ok. Update for those who pass on through in future. Just had a long support call with the hostgator guys.

Quick update. I ended up solving this by disabling some add-ons in Firefox. Specifcally a couple of java ones and some webmaster add-ons.

The ones I removed were: (Tools > Add-Ons in Firefox)

Console2 (squared, but can’t find the key to do it)
Greasemonkey 1.8
Java Console 6.0.35
Java Console 6.0.37

I also updated the flash plugin (thought I think it was removing the add-ons that actually made the difference)

Now the page loads. I am not sure why exactly this worked, but if Firefox is also giving you problems with Piwik then try removing add-ons and see if that helps.