ANNOUNCEMENT: Piwik 1.12 beta available --> already very stable, please test it if you can

Dear users,

We have worked hard on Piwik 1.12 with some quite amazing features, including Page Speed report, Custom Segment Editor, and more! see the full list of 77 tickets closed in: adding support for windows phone 7 version 7.5 by thirashima · Pull Request #1 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

To update, download the latest version from: Index of /

Or you can use the one click automatic updater also on beta/RC releases! it can be enabled with a simple config file change: Update - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Please test and report here any issue you may encounter. We hope you will find most bugs (if any) before the official release as to keep all users happy. Thank you for your testing and hope you enjoy it!

Matt
Piwik founder

I hit this error when trying to update to it.

Notice: Undefined index: visitor_log_maximum_actions_per_visit in /srv/http/plugins/Live/API.php on line 157

There is a new beta 19 available, including the new DevicesDetection plugin!

http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/3612

This plugin provides extended information about mobile devices, such as Brand (manufacturer), Model (device version), better Device type detection (tv, consoles, smart phones, desktop, etc) and more. This plugin adds a new report in ‘Visitors > Devices’. It is still in BETA so please report any suggestion.

[quote=flippy]
I hit this error when trying to update to it.[/quote]

this error is not caused by this upgrade, but because you forgot to update the config/global.ini.php file (to the latest version from the ZIP package). Cheers!

Hi Matt,

I just installed the latest beta and then invalidated some old reports so I could try the device detection plugin. It looks really nice, but I’m only getting “unknown” under the different “device” headers. I do see on the Operating Systems widget “Android”, so I don’t think the data is bad, but is there any special data that the device plugin needs to read from the database in order to populate names that might not be in there already?

Hi Matt,

thanks for that hint! I just updated Piwik and found only two small “problems”.

1. The image CM.gif is missing (/plugins/UserSettings/images/browsers/CM.gif), icon for chrome mobile.
  2. The buttons in the segment editor (“Add new segment” and “Save & Apply”) seems too small for the german translation. I’ve added two screenshots from the buttons.

I also encounter the problem JohnSka7 mentioned in his post above.

You were correct Matt my mistake on that one there.

[quote=JohnSka7]
Hi Matt,

I just installed the latest beta and then invalidated some old reports so I could try the device detection plugin. It looks really nice, but I’m only getting “unknown” under the different “device” headers. I do see on the Operating Systems widget “Android”, so I don’t think the data is bad, but is there any special data that the device plugin needs to read from the database in order to populate names that might not be in there already?[/quote]

The new device detection will work for future dates, after you upgraded to 1.12, it’s not possible to apply the detection to previous visits (because we don’t store the raw user agent necessary to detect brands/models/etc.).

Matt,

Currently I am only importing old logs to Piwik and not using the js to populate, so that actually works for me. Is the new device data being stored to a different custom variable, or does it just read the user agent string?

Thanks, these two issues are fixed in GIT and will be in next beta 20.

[quote=JohnSka7]
Matt,

Currently I am only importing old logs to Piwik and not using the js to populate, so that actually works for me. Is the new device data being stored to a different custom variable, or does it just read the user agent string?[/quote]

It reads the user agent string during Tracking and extracts the information using a list of dozens of clever regular expressions to extract the information. If you re-import all logs with User Agents, then you should see the Device tracking info!

The 1.12-beta20 is released which fixes all bugs reported so far. Please keep testing and reporting here any problem you may find!

Hi Matt,

I found three other missing pictures in 1.12-b20.

1. OM.gif (/plugins/UserSettings/images/browsers/OM.gif) - Opera Mobile
  2. MF.gif (/plugins/UserSettings/images/browsers/MF.gif) - Mobile Safari (Android default browser)
  3. OI.gif (/plugins/UserSettings/images/browsers/OI.gif) - Opera Mini

Thanks for report, we will fix all missing pictures soon for the next beta. Anything else?

I can’t find the Device plugin within the current Piwik Demo, is it activated there?

Not activated on the demo yet, we will in the next few days/weeks.

Hello

A few gifs are still missing in b21.

File does not exist: /plugins/UserSettings/images/browsers/OM.gif
File does not exist: /plugins/UserSettings/images/browsers/CI.gif
File does not exist:/plugins/UserSettings/images/browsers/IM.gif
File does not exist: /plugins/UserSettings/images/os/UBT.gif
File does not exist: /plugins/UserSettings/images/os/WRT.gif

Maybe they are more but i only have this few in the logs.

Please update to 1.12-b21 where this bug (and all others) are fixed. Please keep testing as much as possible and reporting here any new bugs you may find?

Hi,

in 1.12b22 there is still a problem with the small “save and apply”-button for German translation as mentioned by Capenus:

[attachment 1292 saveandapply.PNG]

Also I think it would be nice if the segment editor ends at the right end of the page so that there is no horizontal scrolling(resolution in the screen shot is 1280x1024px):

[attachment 1293 segment.PNG]

Finally the scrolling of the whole dashboard should be disabled when the mouse hovers about the list of conditions(left part of segment editor) so that the segment editor does not disappear with the upper part of the dashboard when the list reaches its end.

Edit: Found another picture problem: /plugins/UserSettings/images/browsers/UNK.gif exists but is completely white.

The 1.12-rc1 is released! http://builds.piwik.org/piwik-1.12-rc1.zip