NEW Piwik 2.0 Beta release!

Posted by matt 

Advanced
matt [ # ]
October 16, 2013 06:35AM
Dear Piwik users,

We are extremely excited to announce the first public beta release of Piwik 2.0!

Piwik 2.0 is a major update from Piwik 1.12 and is the result of 5 months of work on the platform!

What's changed?

We focused on upgrading Piwik source code quality and maintainability: upgraded to PHP 5.3 using namespaces, changed templating library to Twig, started using composer, using Less as well as css, improved QA tests, introduced new Screenshots tests, refactored translations to nice JSON format, refactored LOTS of code, added documentation....

There also performance improvements, in particular the "All Websites Dashboard" is now usable with 20,000+ websites!

As well as improvements in the platform, we have fixed countless bugs from Piwik 1.12 and added some very-special-and-exciting-new features. Piwik 2 is the open platform for analytics!

-> List of all closed tickets in Piwik 2.0 [link]. See also our dev update blog post.

How to update to latest beta?
  1. You can tell Piwik to use the latest beta from within the user interface. See this FAQ: [piwik.org]
  2. or alternatively you may download the latest beta from the build server, upload these files on top of your existing piwik files, and visit Piwik to upgrade.

Beta cycle
We will fix quickly any bug or issue you experience with 2.0. The stable release is in planned for mid-November.

-> Please post any issue or question as a reply to this post <-

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2013 12:21AM by matt.
October 17, 2013 02:29PM
"There also also performance improvements, ..." (one "also" too much)

Congrats to the effort. Can't wait to see the final Piwik 2 in action. smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2013 02:30PM by Error Superb.
October 18, 2013 12:44PM
Would that also applicable in android mobile?

http://www.removalslondon24.co.uk/
October 18, 2013 05:22PM
Hi,

I'm experiencing an issue since attempting to use the auto-updater to install the beta. Once I pressed the first button of the updater I was redirected to a blank page.

I checked and found an error_log entry:

[18-Oct-2013 15:16:32 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Class 'Piwik\Plugins\CoreVisualizations\Visualizations\HtmlTable' not found in /home/username/public_html/piwik/plugins/CoreVisualizations/Visualizations/HtmlTable/AllColumns.php on line 31

Any help in resolving this error would be appreciated! smileys with beer
maartenvc [ # ]
October 18, 2013 05:24PM
do you use xcache on your server?
looks like this
October 18, 2013 06:55PM
just a post to unfollow this topic. I keep getting mails...
October 19, 2013 12:28PM
maartenvc
do you use xcache on your server?
looks like this

I did have xcache installed and enabled on my whm host. Changing the settings to match yours hasn't helped though unfortunately.

I already restarted Apache/Nginx.
matt [ # ]
October 21, 2013 06:34AM
If anyone knows how to properly fix the xcache issue we are interested. We fixed Piwik so it works with APC and Opcache and would like to add support for Xcache.
October 22, 2013 11:12AM
matt
If anyone knows how to properly fix the xcache issue we are interested. We fixed Piwik so it works with APC and Opcache and would like to add support for Xcache.

matt,

While I haven't found a way to make Xcache and Piwik behave together, I had luck in completing the upgrade. I disabled all Xcache references and now it works.

What's strange is that Piwik worked flawlessly before this update with Xcache, so bit of a mystery there!

Rich
rockbee [ # ]
October 25, 2013 08:45AM
I'm very glad to update to 2.0b1 ,but today i met this problem ,so ask for help at here,
thanks alot

Mooash [ # ]
October 26, 2013 11:39PM
Hi all,

I upgraded to this on a test system and importing apache logs failed with the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/path/to/piwik/log-analytics/import_logs.py", line 1663, in <module>
    main()
  File "/path/to/piwik/misc/log-analytics/import_logs.py", line 1627, in main
    parser.parse(filename)
  File "/path/to/piwik/misc/log-analytics/import_logs.py", line 1536, in parse
    hit.length = int(format.get('length'))
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '-'
PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant DEBUG_BACKTRACE_IGNORE_ARGS - assumed 'DEBUG_BACKTRACE_IGNORE_ARGS' in /path/to/piwik/core/Log.php on line 439
PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant DEBUG_BACKTRACE_IGNORE_ARGS - assumed 'DEBUG_BACKTRACE_IGNORE_ARGS' in /path/to/piwik/core/Log.php on line 439

I use the following in /etc/cron.daily/ if it matters

python /path/to/piwik/misc/log-analytics/import_logs.py --url=https://example.com/ --enable-reverse-dns --recorders=4 --enable-bots --useragent-exclude='nagios-plugins' --useragent-exclude='Apache (internal dummy connection)' --useragent-exclude='libwww-perl/6.04' --useragent-exclude='SiteUptime.com' --useragent-exclude='Wget' --useragent-exclude='CloudFlare' --useragent-exclude='WordPress' --useragent-exclude='Pingdom' --useragent-exclude='Ezooms' --add-sites-new-hosts /var/log/piwik/access_log-$(date +%Y%m%d).gz > /var/log/piwik/logs/import.log

php /path/to/piwik/misc/cron/archive.php --url=https://example.com/ > /var/log/piwik/logs/archive.log

Please note I've edited my cron so it doesn't contain my site URL/path, it obviously doesn't use example.com as the domain haha
matt [ # ]
October 28, 2013 03:19AM
@Mooash it seems the problem in your case might be the log which may have wrong data, or data in non expected format. We could catch this exception as invalid log lines. If you can find the line which causes the problem please create a ticket at dev.piwik.org so we can reproduce & fix
October 29, 2013 03:56PM
Hi,

I have the same problem since the upgrade in 2.0b2 and my log format is good. In 2.0b1 it work very well.
matt [ # ]
October 29, 2013 10:01PM
Can you send small log file that lets us reproduce the issue?
October 29, 2013 11:21PM
Hi Matt,

I've send you à MP with a link to download a small log file sample.

This is the debug execution and the stack trace.2013-10-29 01:00:08,465: [DEBUG] Detecting the log format

2013-10-29 01:00:08,465: [DEBUG] Check format icecast2
2013-10-29 01:00:08,465: [DEBUG] Format icecast2 does not match
2013-10-29 01:00:08,465: [DEBUG] Check format iis
2013-10-29 01:00:08,465: [DEBUG] Format iis does not match
2013-10-29 01:00:08,466: [DEBUG] Check format common
2013-10-29 01:00:08,466: [DEBUG] Format common matches
2013-10-29 01:00:08,466: [DEBUG] Check format common_vhost
2013-10-29 01:00:08,466: [DEBUG] Format common_vhost does not match
2013-10-29 01:00:08,466: [DEBUG] Check format nginx_json
2013-10-29 01:00:08,466: [DEBUG] Format nginx_json does not match
2013-10-29 01:00:08,466: [DEBUG] Check format s3
2013-10-29 01:00:08,466: [DEBUG] Format s3 does not match
2013-10-29 01:00:08,466: [DEBUG] Check format ncsa_extended
2013-10-29 01:00:08,466: [DEBUG] Format ncsa_extended matches
2013-10-29 01:00:08,467: [DEBUG] Check format common_complete
2013-10-29 01:00:08,467: [DEBUG] Format common_complete does not match
2013-10-29 01:00:08,467: [DEBUG] Format ncsa_extended is the best match
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/dsi/www/piwik.dsi.hachette-livre.fr/WebContent/misc/log-analytics/import_logs.py", line 1663, in <module>
main()
File "/dsi/www/piwik.dsi.hachette-livre.fr/WebContent/misc/log-analytics/import_logs.py", line 1627, in main
parser.parse(filename)
File "/dsi/www/piwik.dsi.hachette-livre.fr/WebContent/misc/log-analytics/import_logs.py", line 1536, in parse
hit.length = int(format.get('length'))
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '-'
matt [ # ]
November 02, 2013 01:43AM
@sremene Thanks for the report!

it was fixed in [github.com] and tests added in [github.com]
MaxWin [ # ]
November 12, 2013 04:34PM
I have a problem with the newser 2.0-b3 and Internet Explorer 8.

$(document).ready(function(){console.log('Plugin file loaded');});

in
/var/www/piwik/tmp/assets/asset_manager_global_js.js
seems to be the problem, according to my colleaque. console is not supported on IE8.

greetings
max

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2013 04:45PM by MaxWin.
matt [ # ]
November 13, 2013 02:09AM
Thanks for the report! fixed in: [github.com]

can you please apply this patch, then delete all files in: piwik/tmp/assets/*
and try refresh. If the error still appear (or another one) under IE8 please let me know (we don't run windows only linux and macos so we don't test with IE8 too often)
MaxWin [ # ]
November 13, 2013 10:15AM
ignore this eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2013 02:59PM by MaxWin.
MaxWin [ # ]
November 13, 2013 10:22AM
tried to reply on this topic, but somehow it seems i made a new topic. can you approve my thread and merge? edit: found it in javascript.back()...

matt
Thanks for the report! fixed in: https://github.com/piwik/piwik/commit/af7d42a0ba707b82b6f663286b270c8d9249047f

can you please apply this patch, then delete all files in: piwik/tmp/assets/*
and try refresh. If the error still appear (or another one) under IE8 please let me know (we don't run windows only linux and macos so we don't test with IE8 too often)

thanks for the quick support. in my case it was in these files:
$grep -r "Plugin file loaded" /var/www/piwik/
/var/www/piwik/plugins/ExamplePluginTemplate/javascripts/plugin.js:    //console.log('Plugin file loaded');
/var/www/piwik/plugins/CoreConsole/templates/plugin/javascripts/plugin.js:    //console.log('Plugin file loaded');
/var/www/piwik/plugins/ExamplePlugin/javascripts/plugin.js:    //console.log('Plugin file loaded');
i checked out the current master and there it is only in one, so seems fixed.

but still not working in IE8. I managed to find the problem: it is based by jqPlots use of array.reduce() which is not supported by IE8. see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ie/ff679975%28v=vs.94%29.aspx and/or http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7094935/ie-js-reduce-on-an-object

# grep -r "series.reduce(" /var/www/piwik/
/var/www/piwik/tmp/assets/asset_manager_global_js.js:var self=this;setTimeout(function(){self.render();},1);},_setJqplotParameters:function(params){defaultParams={grid:{drawGridLines:false,borderWidth:0,shadow:false},title:{show:false},axesDefaults:{pad:1.0,tickRenderer:$.jqplot.CanvasAxisTickRenderer,tickOptions:{showMark:false,fontSize:'11px',fontFamily:window.piwik.jqplotLabelFont||'Arial'},rendererOptions:{drawBaseline:false}},axes:{yaxis:{tickOptions:{formatString:'%d'}}}};this.jqplotParams=$.extend(true,{},defaultParams,params);this._setColors();},_setTooltipPercentages:function(){this.tooltip={percentages:[]};for(var seriesIdx=0;seriesIdx!=this.data.length;++seriesIdx){var series=this.data[seriesIdx];var sum=series.reduce(function(previousValue,currentValue){if($.isArray(currentValue)&&currentValue[1]){return previousValue+currentValue[1];}
/var/www/piwik/plugins/CoreVisualizations/javascripts/jqplot.js:                var sum = series.reduce(function (previousValue, currentValue) {

i tried the solution from https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/Array/Reduce?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=JavaScript%2FReference%2FGlobal_Objects%2FArray%2FReduce#Browser_compatibility and just pasted the function in top of /var/www/piwik/plugins/CoreVisualizations/javascripts/jqplot.js

if ('function' !== typeof Array.prototype.reduce) {
  Array.prototype.reduce = function(callback, opt_initialValue){
    'use strict';
    if (null === this || 'undefined' === typeof this) {
      // At the moment all modern browsers, that support strict mode, have
      // native implementation of Array.prototype.reduce. For instance, IE8
      // does not support strict mode, so this check is actually useless.
      throw new TypeError(
          'Array.prototype.reduce called on null or undefined');
    }
    if ('function' !== typeof callback) {
      throw new TypeError(callback + ' is not a function');
    }
    var index, value,
        length = this.length >>> 0,
        isValueSet = false;
    if (1 < arguments.length) {
      value = opt_initialValue;
      isValueSet = true;
    }
    for (index = 0; length > index; ++index) {
      if (this.hasOwnProperty(index)) {
        if (isValueSet) {
          value = callback(value, this[index], index, this);
        }
        else {
          value = this[index];
          isValueSet = true;
        }
      }
    }
    if (!isValueSet) {
      throw new TypeError('Reduce of empty array with no initial value');
    }
    return value;
  };
}

IE8 is still common in some huge companies, just like my customer that pays my coffee eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2013 10:26AM by MaxWin.
matt [ # ]
November 13, 2013 10:26PM
@MaxWin: Thanks for the tests and debugging on IE8 that's very appreciated!!

I put the fix in piwikHelper [github.com]
I will release beta in a few hours so you can try it out.

If you have any other problem (and/or fix) for IE8 do you mind putting them in the ticket: [dev.piwik.org]

would be useful if we could confirm that Piwik 2.0 works well with IE8
MaxWin [ # ]
November 14, 2013 03:33PM
i will participate in the ticket if i am able to, depending on knowlege and time winking smiley

btw, the changelog [dev.piwik.org] is sorted via the text, not the containing date. makes no sense to me winking smiley

MaxWin [ # ]
November 14, 2013 03:35PM
i will do my best to help smiling smiley

but this forum is making me sad. when i reply to this thread and press the preview button to see if my 2 cents are good formed it is going to start a new thread! sad smiley
athybaby [ # ]
November 26, 2013 06:38PM
I've just installed 2.0-b9 successfully.

However, it seems that it is now ignoring my time zone settings when counting daily visitors.

Example:

At 10AM (MST, UTC -7) I had 121 visitors to one site, yet the number of visits displayed shows 354. I counted back 354 visits through the visitor log, and that visitor arrived on my site at 5PM yesterday, or 0:00 UTC.

Is there something hiding in the configuration that now needs to be set? If so, I can't seem to find it. I have triple-checked all time zone settings, including global and website specific.

ETA: I've also checked server and PHP settings. All set to America/Denver, which is the same timezone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2013 07:09PM by athybaby.
November 27, 2013 02:15AM
I am experiencing the same visit count issue as athybaby.

My visit count for the day includes visits for the previous day starting at 0:00 UTC. I have a time zone of America/Los_Angeles set for my website timezone in Websites Management.

I am using 2.0-b9. The daily count worked as expected prior to installing 2.0-b9.
athybaby [ # ]
November 27, 2013 02:27PM
Just an update - at 5 PM MST yesterday, the visitor count stopped updating, remaining at the total for that 24 hour period. Visits were still being tracked. When I woke up this morning at about 5 AM, all visits from 5PM on were counted again. I imagine the counts updated at midnight.
November 30, 2013 01:04PM
I keep getting a login screen after logging into Piwik, choosing a site and then attempting to do anything:

Been happening since 1st beta, thought initially it was just me, since my Piwik install is over SSL, as are all my websites.

Any help please?

Rich
frqnck [ # ]
December 05, 2013 11:23AM
Morning,

On a test system, archives.php has been yelling the following error ever since moving to 2.0b (currently b10) -- Any idea?

---

Error in the last Piwik archive.php run:
1 total errors during this script execution, please investigate and try and fix these errors. First error was: Got invalid response from API request: http://stats.example.com/admin/index.php?module=API&method=VisitsSummary.getVisits&idSite=1&period=day&date=last52&format=php&token_auth=3fd72f2d1234d06071fb1fd8e1585be2&trigger=archivephp. Response was 'a:2:{s:6:"result";s:5:"error";s:7:"message";s:193:"This report has been reprocessed since your last click. To see this error less often, please increase the timeout value in seconds in Settings &gt; General Settings. (error: id 3718 not found).";}'

Here is the full errors output:

---------------------------
INIT
Querying Piwik API at: http://stats.example.com/admin/index.php
Running Piwik 2.0-b10 as Super User: brutus
NOTES
- Reports for today will be processed at most every 3600 seconds. You can change this value in Piwik UI > Settings > General Settings.
- Reports for the current week/month/year will be refreshed at most every 3600 seconds.
- Archiving was last executed without error 10 days 20 hours ago
- Will process 2 websites with new visits since 10 days 20 hours , IDs: 1, 3
- Will process 4 other websites because the last time they were archived was on a different day (in the website's timezone) , IDs: 2, 4, 5, 6
START
ERROR: Got invalid response from API request: http://stats.example.com/admin/index.php?module=API&method=VisitsSummary.getVisits&idSite=1&period=day&date=last52&format=php&token_auth=3fd72f2d1234d06071fb1fd8e1585be2&trigger=archivephp. Response was 'a:2:{s:6:"result";s:5:"error";s:7:"message";s:193:"This report has been reprocessed since your last click. To see this error less often, please increase the timeout value in seconds in Settings &gt; General Settings. (error: id 3718 not found).";}'
WARNING: Empty or invalid response '' for website id 1, Time elapsed: 31.049s, skipping
Archived website id = 3, period = day, Time elapsed: 0.164s
Archived website id = 3, period = week, 4 visits, Time elapsed: 0.168s
Archived website id = 3, period = month, 4 visits, Time elapsed: 0.169s
Archived website id = 3, period = year, 0 visits, Time elapsed: 0.183s
Archived website id = 2, period = day, Time elapsed: 0.164s
Archived website id = 2, period = week, 0 visits, Time elapsed: 0.168s
Archived website id = 2, period = month, 0 visits, Time elapsed: 0.175s
Archived website id = 2, period = year, 0 visits, Time elapsed: 0.171s
Archived website id = 4, period = day, Time elapsed: 0.164s
Archived website id = 4, period = week, 0 visits, Time elapsed: 0.168s
Archived website id = 4, period = month, 0 visits, Time elapsed: 0.169s
Archived website id = 4, period = year, 0 visits, Time elapsed: 0.175s
Archived website id = 5, period = day, Time elapsed: 0.165s
Archived website id = 5, period = week, 0 visits, Time elapsed: 0.169s
Archived website id = 5, period = month, 0 visits, Time elapsed: 0.169s
Archived website id = 5, period = year, 0 visits, Time elapsed: 0.173s
Archived website id = 6, period = day, Time elapsed: 0.165s
Archived website id = 6, period = week, 0 visits, Time elapsed: 0.166s
Archived website id = 6, period = month, 0 visits, Time elapsed: 0.169s
Archived website id = 6, period = year, 0 visits, Time elapsed: 0.173s
Starting Piwik reports archiving...
Done archiving!
SUMMARY
Total daily visits archived: 0
Archived today's reports for 5 websites
Archived week/month/year for 5 websites
Skipped 1 websites: no new visit since the last script execution
Skipped 0 websites day archiving: existing daily reports are less than 3600 seconds old
Skipped 0 websites week/month/year archiving: existing periods reports are less than 3600 seconds old
Total API requests: 20
done: 5/6 83%, 0 v, 5 wtoday, 5 wperiods, 20 req, 34444 ms, 1 errors. eg. 'Got invalid response from API request: http://stats.example.com/admin/index.php?module=API&method=VisitsSummary.getVisits&idSite=1&period=day&date=last52&format=php&token_auth=3fd72f2d1234d06071fb1fd8e1585be2&trigger=archivephp. Response was 'a:2:{s:6:"result";s:5:"error";s:7:"message";s:193:"This report has been reprocessed since your last click. To see this error less often, please increase the timeout value in seconds in Settings &gt; General Settings. (error: id 3718 not found).";}''
Time elapsed: 34.444s
SCHEDULED TASKS
Starting Scheduled tasks...
No task to run
done
SUMMARY OF ERRORS
Error: Got invalid response from API request: http://stats.example.com/admin/index.php?module=API&method=VisitsSummary.getVisits&idSite=1&period=day&date=last52&format=php&token_auth=3fd72f2d1234d06071fb1fd8e1585be2&trigger=archivephp. Response was 'a:2:{s:6:"result";s:5:"error";s:7:"message";s:193:"This report has been reprocessed since your last click. To see this error less often, please increase the timeout value in seconds in Settings &gt; General Settings. (error: id 3718 not found).";}'
1 total errors during this script execution, please investigate and try and fix these errors
ERROR: 1 total errors during this script execution, please investigate and try and fix these errors. First error was: Got invalid response from API request: http://stats.example.com/admin/index.php?module=API&method=VisitsSummary.getVisits&idSite=1&period=day&date=last52&format=php&token_auth=3fd72f2d1234d06071fb1fd8e1585be2&trigger=archivephp. Response was 'a:2:{s:6:"result";s:5:"error";s:7:"message";s:193:"This report has been reprocessed since your last click. To see this error less often, please increase the timeout value in seconds in Settings &gt; General Settings. (error: id 3718 not found).";}'
matt [ # ]
December 08, 2013 09:45AM
rpharrison
I keep getting a login screen after logging into Piwik, choosing a site and then attempting to do anything:

[attachment 1445 piwiklogin.png]

Been happening since 1st beta, thought initially it was just me, since my Piwik install is over SSL, as are all my websites.

Any help please?

Rich

That's surprising, does it appear like this on overlay in half transparent?

I've never seen it before. Maybe if you look with Developer console you can see if a HTTP request to Piwik returns the login screen instead of data? maybe one of the http requests made is incorrect
matt [ # ]
December 08, 2013 09:51AM
frqnck
'a:2:{s:6:"result";s:5:"error";s:7:"message";s:193:"This report has been reprocessed since your last click. To see this error less often, please increase the timeout value in seconds in Settings &gt; General Settings. (error: id 3718 not found).";}'

Thanks for report. I'm not sure what is causing this error, maybe temporary data issue. can you try delete the piwik_archive_* tables for the last month and have them re-process?
December 08, 2013 10:07AM
matt
rpharrison

[attachment 1445 piwiklogin.png]

Any help please?

Rich

That's surprising, does it appear like this on overlay in half transparent?

I've never seen it before. Maybe if you look with Developer console you can see if a HTTP request to Piwik returns the login screen instead of data? maybe one of the http requests made is incorrect

OK had a quick look, login to Piwik, pick a site - all normal.

It seems the trigger is going to About Piwik, clicking check for updates, on any tab it'll show that broken login by checking for updates. Doesn't actually log me out however, can carry as if usual.

Saw this console output:

Uncaught TypeError: Object #<Object> has no method 'inith' VM1000:1
(anonymous function) VM1000:1
(anonymous function) ?module=Proxy&action=getJs&cb=040f086cb7a9720585bf56da2fa62fa1:4
x.extend.globalEval ?module=Proxy&action=getJs&cb=040f086cb7a9720585bf56da2fa62fa1:4
x.fn.extend.domManip ?module=Proxy&action=getJs&cb=040f086cb7a9720585bf56da2fa62fa1:5
x.fn.extend.replaceWith ?module=Proxy&action=getJs&cb=040f086cb7a9720585bf56da2fa62fa1:5
(anonymous function) ?module=Proxy&action=getJs&cb=040f086cb7a9720585bf56da2fa62fa1:728
r.complete ?module=Proxy&action=getJs&cb=040f086cb7a9720585bf56da2fa62fa1:6
c ?module=Proxy&action=getJs&cb=040f086cb7a9720585bf56da2fa62fa1:4
p.fireWith ?module=Proxy&action=getJs&cb=040f086cb7a9720585bf56da2fa62fa1:4
l ?module=Proxy&action=getJs&cb=040f086cb7a9720585bf56da2fa62fa1:6
x.fx.tick
matt [ # ]
December 09, 2013 02:26AM
rpharrison

It seems the trigger is going to About Piwik, clicking check for updates, on any tab it'll show that broken login by checking for updates. Doesn't actually log me out however, can carry as if usual.
Are you logged in as the Super user, or as a user with "admin" permission?

Do you get the same problem if you login as another user with admin ?

I cant reproduce but maybe it's a bug!
matt [ # ]
December 09, 2013 10:28AM
Update: the 2.0-beta11, fixing all known issues, is now released.

Please test it and send us any problem you experience!

There are few tickets left but we are in feature-freeze
[dev.piwik.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2013 10:29AM by matt.
December 10, 2013 11:34AM
Hi matt,

I've updated to b11, manually, auto-updater didn't have b11 is that expected?

Still have the same issue. A bit of poking tells me Piwik seems to work flawlessly as long as I do not check for updates.

I captured some info from Firebug, Net panel. I also tried to create another admin user in b11 since I only have one, but it won't let me do that? (Post about that later). If it helps you I could pm you details of my install, if you're able/want to take a closer look.

POST /index.php?date=2013-12-10&module=CoreHome&action=checkForUpdates&idSite=1&period=month HTTP/1.1
HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Server: cloudflare-nginx
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 10:20:52 GMT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
Location: https://piwik.my-site.es/?date=2013-12-10&module=CoreHome&action=checkForUpdates&idSite=1&period=month
Cache-Control: max-age=0
Expires: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 10:20:51 GMT
Set-Cookie: _mcnc=1; Max-Age=2; Path=/
x-microcachable: 0
CF-RAY: da93479337f02dc
X-Firefox-Spdy: 2

Host: piwik.my-site.es
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0 Waterfox/24.0
Accept: text/html, */*; q=0.01
Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8
X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest
Referer: https://piwik.my-site.es/?module=CoreHome&action=index&date=2013-12-10&period=month&idSite=1
Content-Length: 43
Cookie: _pk_uid=0%3DczoxNjoiODY1YjM1OTg1NWY2ODJjNSI7%3A_%3D55dc3c78ae28ddd0eeb2ba824ba04a53f4c9a25b; __utma=1.1332271822.1374833709.1382966205.1383040993.28; __utmz=1.1382355703.25.3.utmcsr=blog.my-site.es|utmccn=(referral)|utmcmd=referral|utmcct=/; __cfduid=d577aa26650586d64c96ed98658c42bca1379613399918; member_id=14; fbm_125642747450028=base_domain=.my-site.es; gpv_p23=no%20value; s_nr=1384863734626-New; piwik_auth=login%3Dczo3OiJyaWNoYXJkIjs%3D%3Atoken_auth%3DczozMjoiZDBjMzBkYWNjYTdjMGY4YmMwYTUwOGIzYTk2YjE4YzciOw%3D%3D%3A_%3D27112436e3d5cc1a2c7714767ecec175764ef9aa; PIWIK_SESSID=d79646c8aac02a89bc778137c5a70dae
Connection: keep-alive
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-Control: no-cache

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: cloudflare-nginx
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 10:20:52 GMT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Vary: Accept-Encoding
Cache-Control: no-store, must-revalidate, no-transform
X-Frame-Options: sameorigin, SAMEORIGIN
Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
X-UA-Compatible: IE=edge
P3P: policyref="/w3c/p3p.xml", CP="IDC DSP COR ADM DEVi TAIi PSA PSD IVAi IVDi CONi HIS OUR IND CNT"
content-security-policy-report-only: img-src http://cdn.iubenda.com https://cdn.zopim.com https://ssl.gstatic.com https://maps.gstatic.com http://cdn.zopim.com http://piwik.my-site.es https://openx.my-site.es https://khms1.googleapis.com https://mts0.googleapis.com https://csi.gstatic.com https://maps.googleapis.com https://khms0.googleapis.com http://openx.my-site.es 'self' data: https://mts1.googleapis.com http://ssl.gstatic.com ; style-src http://cdn.zopim.com https://cdn.zopim.com https://fonts.googleapis.com data: 'unsafe-inline' 'self' http://www.my-site.es https://www.my-site.es ;report-uri http://cspbuilder.info/report/;
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block
Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=16070400; includeSubDomains
X-Cache: HIT from Backend
CF-RAY: da9347bb38802dc
Content-Encoding: gzip
X-Firefox-Spdy: 2

GET /?date=2013-12-10&module=CoreHome&action=checkForUpdates&idSite=1&period=month HTTP/1.1
Host: piwik.my-site.es
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0 Waterfox/24.0
Accept: text/html, */*; q=0.01
Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Referer: https://piwik.my-site.es/?module=CoreHome&action=index&date=2013-12-10&period=month&idSite=1
X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8
Cookie: _pk_uid=0%3DczoxNjoiYzdmZjYyMWU2MDJlNzRkNiI7%3A_%3D4638534c2ecb8efeeefd0f405c2c82293423e5fa; _pk_uid=0%3DczoxNjoiODY1YjM1OTg1NWY2ODJjNSI7%3A_%3D55dc3c78ae28ddd0eeb2ba824ba04a53f4c9a25b; __utma=1.1332271822.1374833709.1382966205.1383040993.28; __utmz=1.1382355703.25.3.utmcsr=blog.my-site.es|utmccn=(referral)|utmcmd=referral|utmcct=/; __cfduid=d577aa26650586d64c96ed98658c42bca1379613399918; member_id=14; fbm_125642747450028=base_domain=.my-site.es; gpv_p23=no%20value; s_nr=1384863734626-New; piwik_auth=login%3Dczo3OiJyaWNoYXJkIjs%3D%3Atoken_auth%3DczozMjoiZDBjMzBkYWNjYTdjMGY4YmMwYTUwOGIzYTk2YjE4YzciOw%3D%3D%3A_%3D27112436e3d5cc1a2c7714767ecec175764ef9aa; PIWIK_SESSID=d79646c8aac02a89bc778137c5a70dae; _mcnc=1
Connection: keep-alive
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-Control: no-cache

Thanks,

Rich

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2013 11:39AM by rpharrison.
December 10, 2013 04:36PM
Here's what I get when trying to create a user (all fields are filled in):

Rich
matt [ # ]
December 11, 2013 02:03AM
What browser are you using? it works for me in firefox and chrome

are the other features otherwise working as expected?
December 11, 2013 01:46PM
matt,

Seems like everything, aside from creating users/checking for updates works normal as far as I can tell. I tried several browsers, with/without cloudflare enabled on the piwik subdomain. I used Waterfox when I posted the previous message, but it's consistent across browsers.

I'm sending you a PM, I hope you don't mind taking a look personally if that's not too much trouble?

Rich
Azot [ # ]
December 15, 2013 12:32PM
Hi,

After updating from 1.12 to version 2.0 Piwik-b12 shows this error

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2013 01:45PM by Azot.
matt [ # ]
December 15, 2013 02:19PM
@Azot What PHP version are you using?
Azot [ # ]
December 15, 2013 02:20PM
matt
@Azot What PHP version are you using?

PHP 5.3.2
MySQL 5.1.63

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2013 02:21PM by Azot.
matt [ # ]
December 15, 2013 10:45PM
@Azot can you try this patch please? [github.com]

we cannot reproduce yet the issue but still trying to guess the fix. Thanks!

Piwik FAQ - Piwik Help - before posting a new topic
Stay tuned on the Piwik Blog. I'm on twitter & on github

Azot [ # ]
December 16, 2013 02:25PM
Ths matt !

It works though ...
Everywhere still says
"Loading widget, please wait ..."

matt [ # ]
December 16, 2013 05:22PM
@Azot can you see any error in your server error log ?

Piwik FAQ - Piwik Help - before posting a new topic
Stay tuned on the Piwik Blog. I'm on twitter & on github

Azot [ # ]
December 16, 2013 06:49PM
I found another bug in "System check"

December 17, 2013 02:17AM
Hi Azot,

can you maybe manage to give us FTP access to your server or something similar? We would really like to debug this issue as we cannot reproduce it. If so, please get in contact via hello@piwik.org .

Cheers,
Thomas
Leviathan [ # ]
December 17, 2013 01:20PM
I have the same error.

A fatal error occurred

The following error just broke Piwik (v2.0):

Class 'Piwik\Log' not found
in
/var/www/vhosts/xxxx/subdomains/xxxx/httpdocs/core/Log.php line 539
If this error continues to happen, there is a good chance to fix this issue by disabling one or more of the Third-Party plugins. You can enable them again in the Plugins or Themes page under settings at any time.

We appreciate if you send the error report to the Piwik team.
December 17, 2013 01:30PM
Hi Leviathan,

same for you. Can you maybe manage to give us FTP access to your server or something similar? We would really like to debug this issue as we cannot reproduce it. If so, please get in contact via hello@piwik.org .
Leviathan [ # ]
December 17, 2013 02:02PM
An email with ftp-account details are send to hello@piwik.org
ds [ # ]
December 17, 2013 02:23PM
Recently my provider upgraded me from PHP 5.2.17 to 5.5 (yay) so I was able to finally upgrade my Piwik to 2.0.

However since then I can't see the widget list of external websites anymore, instead I get an error:

There is an error. Please report the message (Piwik 2.0) and full backtrace in the Piwik forums (please do a Search first as it might have been reported already!).

Notice:Array to string conversion in /home/pw/tmp/templates_c/42/f7/7bcbbc20f4ce82f4f329fe806a5964679ab7548cd941de8ef475a057c7d8.php on line 85

Backtrace -->

#0 Piwik\Error::errorHandler(...) called at [/home/pw/tmp/templates_c/42/f7/7bcbbc20f4ce82f4f329fe806a5964679ab7548cd941de8ef475a057c7d8.php:85]
#1 __TwigTemplate_42f77bcbbc20f4ce82f4f329fe806a5964679ab7548cd941de8ef475a057c7d8->doDisplay(...) called at [/home/pw/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Template.php:264]
#2 Twig_Template->displayWithErrorHandling(...) called at [/home/pw/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Template.php:238]
#3 Twig_Template->display(...) called at [/home/pw/tmp/templates_c/e4/50/d6b93635a580ff3a04bc610fffe5dbc69d1090d69e7059e79eed2499b3ea.php:119]
#4 __TwigTemplate_e450d6b93635a580ff3a04bc610fffe5dbc69d1090d69e7059e79eed2499b3ea->doDisplay(...) called at [/home/pw/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Template.php:264]
#5 Twig_Template->displayWithErrorHandling(...) called at [/home/pw/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Template.php:238]
#6 Twig_Template->display(...) called at [/home/pw/tmp/templates_c/86/31/4708b923226cf96a8213ab5f612b22335f9e6fdecfda5037e8c692d139f7.php:117]
#7 __TwigTemplate_86314708b923226cf96a8213ab5f612b22335f9e6fdecfda5037e8c692d139f7->doDisplay(...) called at [/home/pw/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Template.php:264]
#8 Twig_Template->displayWithErrorHandling(...) called at [/home/pw/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Template.php:238]
#9 Twig_Template->display(...) called at [/home/pw/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Template.php:249]
#10 Twig_Template->render(...) called at [/home/pw/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php:296]
#11 Twig_Environment->render(...) called at [/home/pw/core/View.php:252]
#12 Piwik\View->renderTwigTemplate(...) called at [/home/pw/core/View.php:247]
#13 Piwik\View->render(...) called at [/home/pw/core/Plugin/ViewDataTable.php:363]
#14 Piwik\Plugin\ViewDataTable->render(...) called at [/home/pw/core/Plugin/Controller.php:230]
#15 Piwik\Plugin\Controller->renderReport(...) called at [/home/pw/plugins/Referrers/Controller.php:187]
#16 Piwik\Plugins\Referrers\Controller->getWebsites(...) called at [:]
#17 call_user_func_array(...) called at [/home/pw/core/FrontController.php:117]
#18 Piwik\FrontController->dispatch(...) called at [/home/pw/index.php:71]

I looked through the widgets and in the same category as external websites above a similar error happens with the "all references" (Alle Verweise in German) widget:

There is an error. Please report the message (Piwik 2.0) and full backtrace in the Piwik forums (please do a Search first as it might have been reported already!).

Notice:Array to string conversion in /home/pw/tmp/templates_c/42/f7/7bcbbc20f4ce82f4f329fe806a5964679ab7548cd941de8ef475a057c7d8.php on line 85

Backtrace -->

#0 Piwik\Error::errorHandler(...) called at [/home/pw/tmp/templates_c/42/f7/7bcbbc20f4ce82f4f329fe806a5964679ab7548cd941de8ef475a057c7d8.php:85]
#1 __TwigTemplate_42f77bcbbc20f4ce82f4f329fe806a5964679ab7548cd941de8ef475a057c7d8->doDisplay(...) called at [/home/pw/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Template.php:264]
#2 Twig_Template->displayWithErrorHandling(...) called at [/home/pw/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Template.php:238]
#3 Twig_Template->display(...) called at [/home/pw/tmp/templates_c/e4/50/d6b93635a580ff3a04bc610fffe5dbc69d1090d69e7059e79eed2499b3ea.php:119]
#4 __TwigTemplate_e450d6b93635a580ff3a04bc610fffe5dbc69d1090d69e7059e79eed2499b3ea->doDisplay(...) called at [/home/pw/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Template.php:264]
#5 Twig_Template->displayWithErrorHandling(...) called at [/home/pw/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Template.php:238]
#6 Twig_Template->display(...) called at [/home/pw/tmp/templates_c/86/31/4708b923226cf96a8213ab5f612b22335f9e6fdecfda5037e8c692d139f7.php:117]
#7 __TwigTemplate_86314708b923226cf96a8213ab5f612b22335f9e6fdecfda5037e8c692d139f7->doDisplay(...) called at [/home/pw/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Template.php:264]
#8 Twig_Template->displayWithErrorHandling(...) called at [/home/pw/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Template.php:238]
#9 Twig_Template->display(...) called at [/home/pw/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Template.php:249]
#10 Twig_Template->render(...) called at [/home/pw/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php:296]
#11 Twig_Environment->render(...) called at [/home/pw/core/View.php:252]
#12 Piwik\View->renderTwigTemplate(...) called at [/home/pw/core/View.php:247]
#13 Piwik\View->render(...) called at [/home/pw/core/Plugin/ViewDataTable.php:363]
#14 Piwik\Plugin\ViewDataTable->render(...) called at [/home/pw/core/Plugin/Controller.php:230]
#15 Piwik\Plugin\Controller->renderReport(...) called at [/home/pw/plugins/Referrers/Controller.php:153]
#16 Piwik\Plugins\Referrers\Controller->getAll(...) called at [:]
#17 call_user_func_array(...) called at [/home/pw/core/FrontController.php:117]
#18 Piwik\FrontController->dispatch(...) called at [/home/pw/index.php:71]

I tried looking for similar problems in the forums and couldn't find anything, since it is asked to post problems regarding 2.0 here, I did so.
How can this issue be solved?
December 17, 2013 03:02PM
Regarding Log issues please have a look here: [forum.piwik.org]
December 17, 2013 10:04PM
@DS regarding Referers: Can you maybe manage to give us FTP access to your server or something similar? We would really like to debug this issue as we cannot reproduce it. If so, please get in contact via hello@piwik.org . We would also need at least "View" access to your Piwik instance while debugging. I tried to reproduce it but cannot find the issue so far.
vincx77 [ # ]
December 17, 2013 10:26PM
Thanks for the great update! Was worth paying for.

Three problems:

• Updating was troublesome on Lighttpd - got a blank screen, but installation continued after a refresh.
  • "Real Time visitors" doesn't update anymore.
  • Conversion of database went wrong for returning visitors.
See image for problem of returning visitors, but also visible in recent visitors-list, where some visitors are marked as returining, but no data is known for previous visits.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2013 02:22PM by vincx77.

December 19, 2013 02:50AM
@ds Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce the widget issue. Can you provide us credentials for your Piwik installation and FTP access maybe? Otherwise we cannot fix it. If so, please send us an email to hello@piwik.org with the credentials
ds [ # ]
December 20, 2013 02:39PM
@thomas In case no one checks that email, I did send you the credentials you asked for yesterday.
December 20, 2013 11:51PM
Thx for letting me know. Was in the spam folder! will have a look today or tomorrow.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Free Forum support is provided by the Piwik Community. If you require any urgent or professional help, contact Piwik Professional Services team!