After Piwik-Update to 2.0 - Magento doesn't work

Hello!

I have a strange problem with Piwik!
When I perform the automatic update, the Magento shop is no longer running.
In the frontend and backend Magento goes into the installation mode.

This is the error.log:

PHP Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: I/O warning : failed to load external entity “/home/weinwelt/public_html/shop/app/etc/local.xml” in /home/weinwelt/public_html/shop/app/Mage.php on line 766
[17-Dec-2013 17:00:02 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/weinwelt/public_html/shop/app/Mage.php on line 768
[17-Dec-2013 17:00:02 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/weinwelt/public_html/shop/app/Mage.php on line 768

local.xml was not changed.
Only when I do a restore of the data before the date of the update everything is ok.

Even if I completely re-install Piwik in a different folder, it comes with the installation routine of Piwik back to the problem.

Very mysterious!

Comment out line libxml_disable_entity_loader() at line 305 of core/FrontController

But this is not included in Piwik 1.12?
This version I want to update to 2.0.1

What is the function of this?
Is this a bug?

I can confirm that there is a serious problem with Magento after upgrading to 2.0.1

Magento redirects to /index.php/install for any customer (!) when backend of PIWIK is used!

I’ve been searching for the reason for several hours. Wouldn’t have thought PIWIK upgrade was causing it.

Just downgraded to 1.12. Everything’s back to normal.

(By the way: the old design was way clearer. For the moment I’m glad that I’m back using the old theme.)

Same problem here. I’m running a Magento Store (v.1.7.0.2) and after updating to 2.0/2.0.1 and viewing a piwik page,
the store is randomly opening the install-page. Absolutely critical on a live shop. Magento actually only does this when the local.xml can’t be loaded, which is the configuration file.
The php error-log shows the following info:
[Thu Dec 19 11:16:04 2013] [error] [client 2a01:488:67:1000:5bfa:5507:0:1] client denied by server configuration: /var/www/vhosts/xyz/httpdocs/xyz/shop/app/etc/local.xml
After restarting apache the error is gone, until opening a piwik page again.
I don’t find any errors in the Magento-Log.
Downgraded to 1.12 until there’s a fix :frowning:

I’ll be thankful for any help!

@kirladu:
wrote an error.html with a short apology and made a htaccess redirect so when the error comes up again, nobody is redirected to the install-page at least:
Redirect /index.php/install/ http://www.homepage.de/error.html

Fixed in: libxml_disable_entity_loader() breaks other softwares on same server · Issue #4409 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

thanks for the report

Thank you very much!

Thanks a lot for the quick fix :slight_smile: