register_shutdown_function(): Invalid shutdown callback Error after Upgrading

Greetings,

After upgrading from Piwik 1.11 to 2.02 it completley stopped working:
Warning: register_shutdown_function(): Invalid shutdown callback ‘’ passed in /usr/www/users/medihi/medihimal/piwik/index.php on line 66

Backtrace -->

#0 Piwik\Error::errorHandler(…) called at [:]
#1 register_shutdown_function(…) called at [/usr/www/users/medihi/medihimal/piwik/index.php:66]

It can be seen here:
http://www.medihimal.org/piwik/

Hello

I have got exactly the same error message.

Though I updated form the latest version before 2.02.

Any help to get this solved?

We need very much our so loved Piwik dashboard.

What PHP version are you using?

Using PHP 5.4.23 here

Informationen auf Ihrem Server

Informationen auf Ihrem Server: Linux #1 SMP Debian 3.2.51-1 x86_64

Version der Server-Software: Apache

PHP-Version: 5.4.23

Speichergrenze: 128M

max_execution_time: 300

You’re both using PHP 5.4.23 so maybe it’s a bug in this particular php version, can you try upgrade?

upgrade sadly not, my provider (Hetzner) sadly just offers to downgrade it.

Maybe downgrade to 5.3.x would work ?

That worked. But i fear for those who cannot downgrade so easy without breaking the whole site.

yes you’re absolutely right! I have created ticket at invalid shutdown callback when eAccelerator is enabled · Issue #4439 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

also proposed a fix at: Refs #4439 Registering the callback in the frontcontroller and using … · matomo-org/matomo@8318219 · GitHub

can you please try this fix with the previous php version that it was not working?

Seems not to work, just getting a blank screen without output. I attched the 2 changed files as Rar archive. its not a pdf as it claims.

The two correct files can be found here:

https://raw.github.com/piwik/piwik/master/core/FrontController.php
https://raw.github.com/piwik/piwik/master/index.php

Re: blank screen -> do you see an error in your server error log file ?

ok updated with your files, the blank screen is gone now and he shows me a error. Now also the Login
window shows up.
Warning: usort() expects parameter 2 to be a valid callback, no array or string given in /usr/www/users/medihi/medihimal/piwik/core/View.php on line 212

Backtrace -->

#0 Piwik\Error::errorHandler(…) called at [:]
#1 usort(…) called at [/usr/www/users/medihi/medihimal/piwik/core/View.php:212]
#2 Piwik\View->render(…) called at [/usr/www/users/medihi/medihimal/piwik/plugins/Login/Controller.php:105]
#3 Piwik\Plugins\Login\Controller->login(…) called at [/usr/www/users/medihi/medihimal/piwik/plugins/Login/Controller.php:65]
#4 Piwik\Plugins\Login\Controller->index(…) called at [:]
#5 call_user_func_array(…) called at [/usr/www/users/medihi/medihimal/piwik/core/FrontController.php:117]
#6 Piwik\FrontController->dispatch(…) called at [/usr/www/users/medihi/medihimal/piwik/core/Plugin/Controller.php:741]
#7 Piwik\Plugin\Controller->redirectToIndex(…) called at [/usr/www/users/medihi/medihimal/piwik/plugins/CoreHome/Controller.php:57]
#8 Piwik\Plugins\CoreHome\Controller->redirectToCoreHomeIndex(…) called at [:]
#9 call_user_func_array(…) called at [/usr/www/users/medihi/medihimal/piwik/core/FrontController.php:117]
#10 Piwik\FrontController->dispatch(…) called at [/usr/www/users/medihi/medihimal/piwik/index.php:62]

Oh that is good that you are willing to help.

I am not so technically skilled but can tell you that we are hosted via HETZNER, too!

So, very likely the php version or Hetzner peculiarities are the source :frowning:

Please post a comment in this ticket if you experience this bug with PHP 5.4.23 or with a different PHP version: invalid shutdown callback when eAccelerator is enabled · Issue #4439 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

Happy new year!

I do not dare to update as long I do not know wheter the ne 2.03 works.

Can anyone tell me with Hetzner?