Piwik 2.3.0 release candidate available for wide testing (it is stable)

Dear community,

We are excited to announce the availability of Piwik 2.3.0 Release Candidate release.

What’s changed?

• Many bug fixes
  • Small improvements

50 tickets were closed for 2.3.0 see the full list at: http://dev.piwik.org/trac/report/1

How to update to latest beta?

You can tell Piwik to use the latest beta from within the user interface. See this FAQ: I would like to test early beta and RC releases, how do I enable automatic updates to use these development versions? - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Alternatively, download Piwik manually at this URL: Index of /

How to report feedback?

Please post any bug or question or suggestion in this forum post. We hope to release Piwik 2.3.0 later this week!

we hope you enjoy this new release!

@Matt:
Please remind us where we can find beta releases for downloading when we’re not using automatic updates.

I update manually.

Thanks.

I’ve updated the post, good point! here is URL: Index of /

I’ve upgraded my Piwik to 2.3.0 RC4. I see that two of my previous problems were fixed. Thank you. However, here are a few new minor ones:

Problem 1 (minor):
In Settings --> Manage Websites --> Global websites settings --> Default Time zone for new websites , Montreal is missing from the list of cities in the Americas . This doesn’t bother me, since Toronto is in the same time zone, but you WILL get complaints from Piwik users in the province of Quebec.

Problem 2 (not minor):
Is there a user interface for setting the spam referrer list? It should be on the same page as Settings --> Manage Websites --> Global websites settings , where we can set UA strings to be ignored by Piwik. The spam referrer list should be case insensitive.

Problem 3 (minor):
The text accompanying Settings --> Manage Websites --> Global websites settings --> Global list of user agents to exclude (and also Settings --> Manage Websites --> Global websites settings --> Global list of Query URL parameters to exclude) should state whether the exclusion criteria are case sensitive or not. It would be nice if they were case insensitive.

Problem 1 (minor):
this is the list of timezones handled by PHP, I checked it does not list Montreal. But Montreal is listed on the doc at: https://php.net/manual/en/timezones.america.php - maybe a bug in PHP

Problem 2 (not minor):

this can be set in the config file currently. Please add your voice to this ticket? http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/5099

Problem 3 (minor):
all comparison should be case insensitive. if you notice one that isn’t please report as a bug and we’ll fix it quickly.

re: matt

Version 2.3.4RC - dropdown issue still not working. See recent feedback on same topic for version 2.2 . I believe it has something to do with javascript ajax and none UTF-8 character encodings not allowed… more info in this thread - 301 Moved Permanently

Hope we get it working, and thanks again.

Hello

To all of you who still have this dropdown issue with Piwik 2.3.0:

can you please email thomas@piwik.org

and let him know:

• clear description of the bug
  • Access to Piwik (URl, login, password)
  • if possible, FTP or SSH access to piwik files (so we can debug / troubleshoot)

Once few of you can send us this access we will be able to investigate and correct the issue. Thanks in advance!