After PHP Upgrade - Error on Cron for Piwik

Hi there,
after upgrad to PHP 5.4.30 the following error comes up with regard to the Cronjob for Piwik. All other crons run smoothly.

ERROR [2014-07-06 23:00:10] [689dc] The Piwik URL http://XXXXXXXXXXX.xxx/analytics/index.php does not seem to be pointing to a Piwik server. Response was 'Piwik Console is known to be not compatible with PHP-CGI. Please execute console using PHP-CLI. For instance "/usr/bin/php-cli console ..." '.

Any idea?

Cheers
chtrede

Hi there,

my server admin found out that Piwik requests settings in open_basedir that are very very vulnerable and close to no hosters will allow those.
Please let me know the exact path which needs to be entered in open_basedir in order for the cron to work.

Regards
chtrede

Nobody an idea?

please ask to 1&1 support what is the PHP to PHP CLI and then specify this path in the cron task

1&1 support?

Hmm. ok. Believe I have to uninstall Piwik then due to security concerns. Very sad, as it is great :frowning:

Hi all

I received the same error as listed by the OP and after updating my cron to “”/usr/bin/php-cli " - which is correct for my server setup I now receive this

" [RuntimeException]
Too many arguments.

core:archive [–url="…"] [–force-all-websites] [–force-all-periods[="…"]] [–force-timeout-for-periods[="…"]] [–skip-idsites[="…"]] [–force-idsites[="…"]] [–force-periods[="…"]] [–force-date-last-n="…"] [–force-date-range[="…"]] [–concurrent-requests-per-website[="…"]] [–disable-scheduled-tasks] [–accept-invalid-ssl-certificate] [–xhprof] "

If anyone else has any ideas on how to solve this it would be greatly appreciated

ATB
Mac

Hmm. ok. Believe I have to uninstall Piwik then due to security concerns. Very sad, as it is great :frowning:

You believe wrong, thousands of people are using Piwik on 1&1

@mac1001 what cron command did you setup there?

Hi Matt,

thanks for your message.

1. One again: What is 1&1?
  2. Please then help with the core question of this thread; why Piwik Cron requests vulnerable acess to my server since PHP-Upgrade.

Many thanks
Christian

Any ideas to solve the issue.

Thanks a lot
Christian

it seems you are using PHP CGI to run the Piwik console archive script: How to Set up Auto-Archiving of Your Reports - Analytics Platform - Matomo

instead, do not use PHP CGI but use PHP CLI. If this does not make sense please ask your web host provider to help