No visitors since upgrade from 2.3.0 to 2.4.0 or 2.4.1

Hello,

Piwik seems not to store any further visitor-logs since an upgrade from Version 2.3.0 to 2.4.0 or 2.4.1.

I’ve already checked Piwik doesn’t track any visits and pages, and shows “There is no data for this report” in all reports. - Analytics Platform - Matomo and if there is an error with MySQL-Server.
I don’t have any errors in the logs.
The Image-Tracker is still able to request.
With the Plugin Live! I don’t see any incoming requests.

It is weired because I’ve got the same Installation for an other customer which has no problems.

Cheers

This happened to me also, absolutely no errors reported anywhere…
I had to downgrade back to 2.3.0 and everything started working again.

I´ve been very happy with Piwik for a long time, and been trough many updates without any major problems.
Now I´m afraid we have to go over to the dark side and the galactic federation. :frowning:

I just posted a message with the same problem (301 Moved Permanently). We think that we have found out that this is because the DeviceDetection module is disabled. When debugging (Tracking HTTP API: API Reference - Matomo Analytics (formerly Piwik Analytics) - Developer Docs - v3) we saw that a coloumn in the table piwik_log_visit did not exist. As it looks, it is created when enable the DeviceDetector module. I can’t confirm this as the db update still is running, but the query looks good. Maybe this helps or, if not, you might find your problem when debugging the tracker response as describe.

kind regards,
Philip

Is the plugin DeviceDetection in Piwik v2.4.1 still in a beta stadium?

I have to say that I don’t really know. From the announcement, I would say that is still under development:
http://piwik.org/blog/2014/07/new-project-devicedetector/

But you can enable the module to get the database fields created and then disable it again, if you are unsure.

Are you serious? For an update I need to activate a beta-plugin which causes a massive failure in piwik?! It’s frightening me.
I will check that after my vacation.

well, that’s what we have found out after locating the problem. You could also manually add two coloumns to log_visit, which basically is, what the plugin does. As I have filed a bug for this (Core piwik uses coloums in log_visit that are not available when DeviceDetector is not installed · Issue #5902 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub), the developers may have fixed it when you are back from your vacation and you can simply upgrade you piwik then to a working version.

Unfortunately we had a bug in Piwik that requires this plugin to be enabled. Alternatively you can use Piwik 2.5.0-b2 which should not require this plugin to be enabled any more.

This ticket can be closed.

PS: Why isn’t there a proper SSL-communication via https possible? I have to send my pw in clear text?!