Visitors count broke after upgrade to 2.5.0 depending on date range, even with new archive cron

Hi all

I upgraded our Piwik installation automatically from 2.4.x to 2.5.0 which was working fine.

After that, we realized that the unique visitor count of the tracked websites restarted at 0 the day of the upgrade in the date range where the upgrade happened. If choosing a custom date range which starts and ends before the upgrade, 0 visitors are shown. If using predefined date ranges (day, week, month), the numbers are still correct, even for dates before the upgrade. Except for the date range the upgrade happened. There is just the count from the update shown.

I attached two PDF documents to explain.

I already changed the archiver to the new version, but without success.

Can anyone reproduce this issue?

Thanks and best regards
Lukas.

Hi Lukas

can you reproduce this behavior on the demo.piwik.org ?

Hi Matt

Unfortunately, I’m not able to reproduce the issue on demo.piwik.org. In the monthly view, it seems as it is working fine. In the custom date range, there are no unique visitors shown, probably because Piwik is not configured for it as it is not a default option.

Can I do something else?

Thank you and best regards
Lukas.

Can you try to execute this command: How do I reprocess all websites, all dates and all periods, after initial import of logs? - Analytics Platform - Matomo - does it help?

Hi Matt

If i execute this command, will I loose all archive data where we do not have log data available in Piwik?

If yes, how would I just recreate the archive from all log data which is still available?

Thanks and best regards
Lukas.

Hi all

I found the cause of the described problem. Piwik somehow deleted all my visitor log data during the upgrade. Because of that the visitor count feature did not work anymore…

Regards
Lukas.