GeoIP Error open_basedir restriction

There is an error. Please report the message (Piwik 2.5.0) and full backtrace in the Piwik forums(please do a Search first as it might have been reported already!).

Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/share/GeoIP/) is not within the allowed path(s): ... in...analytics/plugins/UserCountry/LocationProvider/GeoIp/Pecl.php on line 130 
#0 Piwik\Error::errorHandler(...) called at [:]
#1 is_dir(...) called at [.../analytics/plugins/UserCountry/LocationProvider/GeoIp/Pecl.php:130]
#2 Piwik\Plugins\UserCountry\LocationProvider\GeoIp\Pecl->isWorking(...) called at [.../analytics/plugins/UserCountry/LocationProvider.php:223]
#3 Piwik\Plugins\UserCountry\LocationProvider::getAllProviderInfo(...) called at [...analytics/plugins/UserCountry/Controller.php:54]
#4 Piwik\Plugins\UserCountry\Controller->adminIndex(...) called at [:]
#5 call_user_func_array(...) called at [.../analytics/core/FrontController.php:576]
#6 Piwik\FrontController->doDispatch(...) called at [.../analytics/core/FrontController.php:86]
#7 Piwik\FrontController->dispatch(...) called at [...analytics/core/dispatch.php:34]
#8 require_once(...) called at [...analytics/index.php:47]

Analytics is the Piwik directory on the server in my webspace. I removed the rest of the server directories in the error quote.

This message appeared just after the installation, just by navigating to Settings > Geolocation.

My provider tells me, Piwik is trying to access a directory outside my web space on the server. What can I do to get the geolocation detection working?

Maybe this helps? Geo Locate your visitors - Analytics Platform - Matomo