Google2Piwik: Attempting login failed

Hi there! I want to use Google2Piwik to import my data from Google Analytics. The python scripts work all fine but I cannot get access to the Google API and I don’t know why. I have created a key on https://console.developers.google.com/. I have got Public API access which you can find under credentials in the menu. I am using my Google login data. My login name is in format of xxxx@googlemail.com and the secret password. With these data I get access to my Analytics account pretty well. Is there any hint which can be wrong?

Google2Piwik is outdated. As it does not fully work withh latest Piwik release. See Deprecate Google2Piwik · Issue #6096 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub
We have planned creating a new version of Google2Piwik. See Let users import Google Analytics data in Piwik · Issue #6095 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

Regarding Google2Piwik tool: unfortunately it is currently not supported anymore. We are planning to officially stop supporting the tool and then create a new much improved Google Analytics data importer.

I created following tickets to make this plan happen sometimes over next few months:

Deprecate Google2Piwik -> Deprecate Google2Piwik · Issue #6096 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub
Create an API to let users import historical report data in Piwik -> Create an API to let users import historical report data in Piwik · Issue #6094 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub
Let users import Google Analytics data in Piwik -> Let users import Google Analytics data in Piwik · Issue #6095 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

(later we would then be able to write other data importers from other tools or platforms!)

Feel free to comment in any of these tickets.