No Data for Report

For the last two days, PIWIK has no data to report despite IPv4 traffic on my website. How could it be working fine day after day and then all of a sudden stop collecting data? Even after the latest update, it was working fine, but the last two days ZILCH…

For the past 11 days piwik is showing zero visitor activity. This is very unlikely according to A, trends and B, other analytic tools.

This is happening on all 3 of my installations as well since the latest update.

I’m showing visits in the visitor log. just not on the graph…

It finally started working but it is still not tracking all the visits from IPv4 traffic.

After not woring for several days, it finally started tracking “some” visits again but then nothing. Last four days, it has not logged any visits at all.

@RobsImpSS maybe check this faq? Piwik doesn't track any visits and pages, and shows "There is no data for this report" in all reports. - Analytics Platform - Matomo

PIWIK used to work fine until I upgraded to the recent version. Even when I upgraded, it was working fine and then all of a sudden, it stopped tracking visits. PIWIK has not tracked a single visit since Sep 14th and all of the settings are the same as they were when I installed the script. How can it work fine for 4-5 months and then all of a sudden, stop tracking?

@Rob it could be many reasons, to find out what it is please enable debugging of the tracker as explained in: Tracking HTTP API: API Reference - Matomo Analytics (formerly Piwik Analytics) - Developer Docs - v3

does it help?

I went ahead and deleted the original installation and installed a fresh version from scratch on the off chance there was some corruption during the last update. I’ll have to wait a day or so for the reporting to get started and I’ll let you know where I stand at that point.

Thanks,
Rob

Matt,

I figured out the problem and it was a conflict I had with some code I had been using elsewhere on my website. All is good now…

Glad to know it was not a problem with PIWIK.

Thanks again…

would you care to give insight to the piwik community by describing more the nature of the conflict?

piwik shut down after exposure to some random bit of code, and that is not a piwik problem?? what other code is affecting piwik, that does not shut it down, but merely affects performance - like, data quality?

@P|w|k see Tracking HTTP API: API Reference - Matomo Analytics (formerly Piwik Analytics) - Developer Docs - v3

what do you see there?

PIWIK works fine now and it was an error I did with the coding on my web page and nothing to do with PIWIK.

@matt

i see an invitation for me to debug piwik and solve my own problems

i see an invitation for me to debug piwik and solve my own problems
I mean after enabling the flag and opening the piwik.php request do you see some useful message?

I mean after enabling the flag and opening the piwik.php request do you see some useful message?

What would a useful message contain? There are no obvious error messages, for example.

your problem is that you have no data.

Do you see data in Visitors > Visitor log ?

if so it means data is recorded properly, maybe the problem is that archiving data does not work? try this: How to Set up Auto-Archiving of Your Reports - Analytics Platform - Matomo

No. There are no data in the visitor log. There are no data anywhere.

Hello, have same problem after update, in Visitors > Visitor log - I have visitors… But on dashboard and on ecommerce - 0