Can't add site, The method 'isPluginActivated' does not exist or is not available in the module '\Piwik\Plugins\CoreAdminHome\API'.

Running Piwik for years, now on version 2.9.1 I believe.

I need to add a few sites. When I go to the website manager page, a red error appears briefly that says:

The method ‘isPluginActivated’ does not exist or is not available in the module ‘\Piwik\Plugins\CoreAdminHome\API’.

and I am unable to add any sites. Any workaround?

Hi there, can you try upgrde to the latest beta? this should fix it: I would like to test early beta and RC releases, how do I enable automatic updates to use these development versions? - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Thank you; unfortunately whatever is causing my issue is also messing up the display of certain pages - when I go to Settings > General Settings, the only thing that is being displayed is the Piwik opt-out iFrame info. All the other items that normally appear on the page, like Archive Settings, Email Server Settings, etc., are no longer being displayed.

Is there a direct link for the beta you can send me?

Ok, to get a copy of the beta I installed a copy on my localhost and followed the directions and managed to get a copy of the beta ZIP file so I don’t need a direct link to it now.

I unzipped and uploaded the beta version, but the problem still persists.

if you confirm that all files were uploaded properly,
maybe you can create an issue on: Issues · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub and paste a screenshot of the issue?

I, too, am having this same problem. I uploaded the latest stable.zip package to my server then unzipped it on the server. This morning I upgraded to 2.10.0-rc3 from within Piwik but it didn’t fix the problem. Not sure if it could be related, but the Visitor map widget only shows “Loading data…”.

Thanks,
Frank

Hi @Frank - do you see an error in your server error log?