Piwik doesn't seem to use my theme

Hello Forum,

I have a piwik 2.9.1 installation running fine.
Only trouble with this Morpheus theme is that I can’t read some colours well due to low contrast ( link colour for example). So in order to fix this for me I tried to copy Morpheus to a diferrent name, do my colour adjustments there and then install the theme. It installed without error. But still the original colours are displayed, not mine. Cache was cleared and temp directory emptied as well.

What am I doing wrong here? Who can help meout to make it work.
Of course I can make the changes in the original theme, but I would have to do it again for each update - which is not what I want to do.

Any help is much appreciated.

Hi there,

Did you have a chance to look at the theming guide? Themes: Develop - Matomo Analytics (formerly Piwik Analytics) - Developer Docs - v3

In general the idea of theme is to overload the CSS properties from Morpheus, because your theme will automatically inherit from morpheus.

Thank you.
I’ve understood that my theme inherits from Morpheus. Therefor I thought I could just change a colour definiton in
/piwik/plugins/my_Morpheus/stylesheets/less/_colors.less.

Obviously it doesn’t work. So my question is: where is the right place to change a colour value?
I thought _colours.less is the right place so I only change one value for all occurrences of that colour (this light blue for links, namely). Correct me if I’m wrong, please.

Did you use generate:theme command to generate the theme? maybe this will work if you do this, not sure. cheers

Yes, I created a new theme via console, used the clear-cache method as well, but no chance. Things that I change in_colors.less aren’t respected.
I found out that I have to do the changes in the theme.less file. Unlogical to me, but seems to do the job.