Generating a report via a custom segment fails

Hello,

when I try to generate a report with a custom segment (Path filter) for a long time period, i.e. a year, I get the error message in german: “Oops… während der Anfrage ist ein Problem aufgetreten. Möglicherweise war der Server temporär überlastet, oder eventuell haben Sie einen Bericht mit zu vielen Daten angefordert. Bitte noch einmal versuchen. Wenn dieser Fehler wiederholt auftritt kontaktieren Sie bitte Ihren Piwik Administrator um Unterstützung zu erhalten.”

I’ve already activated the php-logging but I don’t get any messages.
I’ve already migrated the instance to a system with much more ressources (E3-1271v3 3,6GHz, 2x 8GB DDR3-1600MHz, 2x 480GB Intel DC S3500).
The PHP-process is allowed to use 14GB RAM.
The MySQL-connection uses LOAD DATA INFILE.

Best regards,
Mark

What does the german message mean?

When you say you have activated the logging, what did you do? Here are instructions: I'm a developer, how do I enable logging (and / or SQL profiling) in Piwik? - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Also have a look in your server’s log files (apache, php log files…)…

The german message is translated as follows.

"ErrorRequest": "Oops\u2026 there was a problem during the request. Maybe the server had a temporary issue, or maybe you requested a report with too much data. Please try again. If this error occurs repeatedly please %scontact your Piwik administrator%s for assistance.",

When you say you have activated the logging, what did you do? Here are instructions: https://piwik.org/faq/troubleshooting/faq_115/

Also have a look in your server’s log files (apache, php log files…)…

Yes, I have only activated the server-logs.

Right now, we are getting better results when we are using APC or nginx.
I will report more when we have further information.