Upgrade from 2.11.0 to 2.11.1 results in ERROR: curl_exec: Operation timed out after 9981 millisecond

When I attempt to upgrade to 2.11.1 the upgrade fails and displays:

curl_exec: Operation timed out after 9981 milliseconds with 7056104 out of 13344050 bytes received. Hostname requested was: builds.piwik.org

It is on a hosted environment, so can’t restart server etc - I also have another clients site, same server, different install of Piwik and the upgrade went fine. Sigh :frowning:

Suggestions?

G

I’m getting the same error.

I get same error.

Hi guys

Thanks for the report. We will fix this issue in curl_exec: Operation timed out after 9984 milliseconds with 6716088 out of 13344050 bytes received. Hostname requested was: builds.piwik.org · Issue #7280 · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub

Thanks Matt

Reviewed github and made changes directly.

Changed …plugins/CoreUpdater/Controller.php

Line 175
To: Http::fetchRemoteFile($url, $this->pathPiwikZip, 0, 30);

As indicated by mnapoli

100% success

Cheers!

Gman

Should I notice any change? It’s giving me the same error still.

NFG

I manually edited the file Controller.php
contained in the folder …plugins/CoreUpdater/
i used the std code editor, nothing fancy :slight_smile:

I changed Line 175

To: Http::fetchRemoteFile($url, $this->pathPiwikZip, 0, 30);

As indicated by mnapoli on github, see Matts lnk above

If you made the above change and it still doesn’t work then perhaps change the 30 to 50? (i.e 50 seconds for the timeout? )

Just a thought :slight_smile:

Gman

Ah, thank you. I misunderstood, I thought the change on github would have changed the repository I was trying to download from.

I will read more carefully next time. Thanks for clearing that up. =)

I thought this issue was solved in the upgrade… i fixed this, did the upgrade and now on the next upgrade the issue is back. Why is this only affecting certain servers? My other 4 installations do not have an issue. The one with the issue happens to be an older PHP version… is this why?

I have the same issue, that setting is now in plugins/CoreUpdater/Updater.php line 30:

const DOWNLOAD_TIMEOUT = 120;

I had to change 120 to 2400 to get my last update working!