Installation Blank Page System Check, Piwik 2.11.1 and 2.7

Hi all!

If got a problem, when I try to install Piwik and you click next and Piwik is going to do a system check nothing happens. A blank page. Although my google search had a lot of hits, all were a lower Piwik (like 1.3). What I tried:

• Giving 777 for the whole map.
  • Piwik 2.7
  • Switching to PHP 5.5 (didn’t work and my whole site kinda crashed)
    I love Piwik and if anyone is able to help I’ll love you too!

Edit: I have got no logs, I can’t find them! I use FileZilla and AWstats.

It sounds as if the memory limit is set too low in the php.ini file.

Sometimes, when you have a completely blank page, you can get valuable hints by looking at the bottom of the page source. In Firefox, you can view the page source by right-clicking on that blank page and then clicking on “View Page Source” in the context menu that pops up in response to the right-click.

Other browsers are similar.

Hi there,

Can you contact your webhost and ask them to find the web server error logs ? there must be an error logged somewhere, which we need to help you fix the issue. Thanks

Yes, I’ll do that and also ask about my php.ini file! Page source didn’t show anything.

My memory limit is 64M and my server uses PHP 5.3.10. So Piwik 2.11.1 is out of the question.
What PHP does Piwik 2.7.0 uses?

I also enabled error reporting in the .htaccess but that doesn’t show anything. I don’t know if it just doesn’t have anything to report or I made a mistake.

Apperently my memory limit is 256M
I did this in my .htaccess:

[size=small]php_flag display_startup_errors on
php_flag display_errors on
php_flag html_errors on
php_flag log_errors on
php_value error_log /home/path/public_html/mydomain.nl/PHP_errors.log

BEGIN WordPress

RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

END WordPress

php_value memory_limit 256M[/size]

But the installation is still not working. Any ideas?