Update-Problem: Warning - preg_match(): Unknown modifier 'w'

Hello from Germany,

I got the message that there is an update for piwik to Version 2.12 and made it with the autoupdate-function.
Before that, everything works fine and i had no error messages.

Now there comes up:
WARNING: /mnt/webj/e1/43/51186643/htdocs/WebAnalyse/core/Url.php(252): Warning - preg_match(): Unknown modifier ‘w’ - Piwik 2.12.0
and the Javascript-Tracking-Code should be integrated, but it still is!

I made no changes to the directory in which the files are stored. The config.ini.php is correctly set to my URL: “marcmertens.photography/WebAnalyse” Caused by this error I load up the files with FileZille another time manually.

Piwik should be used for my own Wordpress-Blog under: QuerKommentar.de and there i use the WP-Piwik-PlugIn.

PS:
I am new with Piwik and just started the tool. So I have still to learn a lot of things about it.
Thanks for the support and time.

Greetings,
Marc

Hi Marc

can you please paste the lines “trusted_hosts” from your config.ini,php?

Likely one contains a little typo, but still would be good if you pasted the lines here

Hello Matt,

I hope you mean this?:

trusted_hosts[] = “marcmertens.photography/WebAnalyse”

This is the location where I installed (uploaded) the extracted piwik files.

PS:
But in the meantime I found, that the “WP-Piwik”-Plugin recognizes the right Version of my installation. Maybe, something went wrong with the auto-update-function and this plugin, or not? I don´t made essential changes on piwik since the first setup yesterday. :wink:

Thank you.
Marc

Change:

to:

trusted_hosts[] = “marcmertens.photography”

This should fix the issue for now.

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your support and time. (tu) :slight_smile:

I just uploaded the edited config-file manually and now the errors are gone.

But it seems to be a liitle curious, that my changes in the administration panel of the URL-Section of this config-entry after the errors show up had not the same effect. Maybe there could be a problem.

The message of the missing java-script-tracking-snippet in my WordPress-Installation is still there. But in the meantime I will look into the admin panel of my weblog.

Kind regards,
Marc

Do you remember maybe putting

manually in your config file?

or are you sure that this was added automatically?