Installation just won't work

Hi all,
Ok, so I uploaded Piwik to a subdomain, created a database and db user and loaded up the install - and I get this:

The configuration file {/home/…/config/config.ini.php} has not been found or could not be read.

No problem. I copied global.ini.php to config.ini.php, then I get this:

SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO)

If I add database details, I end up with missing table errors. Previous versions of Piwik were easy and installed with no issues. What am I missing? Thanks for your help.

are you trying with 2.12.0 ? it should work fine, but you need to have the directory piwik/config writable so piwik can create config file.

does it work for you now in 2.12.0?

Yes, this is a fresh download of 2.12.0 and all the directories are set to 755 permissions. I’m assuming Piwik doesn’t take any special php modules, and I’m running php version 5.4.36. I’m somewhat at a loss…

That’s really strange, I just tested here and it worked fine. Can you maybe create a bug report at: Issues · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub with your system information?

Sure can. Is there an earlier version I can download to get started?

Looks like v2.9.1 will install just fine.

Hi kcfried, would you mind creating a bug report on: Issues · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub ? it would be good to follow up and get to the bottom of your issue. thanks