Search engine as referring website

Hi Friends,
From time to time I get a search engine in my Referring Websites widget. Usually it’s google that has been embedded in some business or organization’s website. This is the most recent: search.bt.com.

I’ve read this FAQ: General - Analytics Platform - Matomo. But I don’t understand a lot of it. I successfully installed the Referrer Manager plugin, but I’m not sure that’s the best way to handle this. Or if it is, I can’t figure out how to use it.

The first part of the faq, before it mentions the plugin, I don’t understand that at all. For the part after it, it says to ‘click here to submit a pull request’. I don’t know what a pull request is, and when I click the link, I get an error message:
[center]You need to fork this repository to propose changes.
Sorry, you’re not able to edit this repository directly— you need to fork it and propose your changes from there instead.[/center]
And I don’t know what that means either.

So to stop this search engine from appearing in Referring Website, should I add it to the list of search engines in Referrer Manager plugin? If so, how to do that? When I click “Add search engine definition” nothing happens. I was thinking there would be no use running a check on this search feature, since I already know that Piwik thinks it’s a referrer. However, nothing happens when I try that check, either. Maybe it’s not successfully installed after all?

Maybe a restart is needed? Or need to tweak some server setting, or other piwik setting??

Or otherwise, if this plugin is not the answer what needs to be done to keep search engines out of Referrer widget?

Thank you very much :slight_smile: