Serious error? Exported stats don't match stats shown in GUI!

Hi!

I was comparing the same download stats for two files for a specific date range in the GUI of Piwik and in an exported TSV (I opened the row evolution and exported the stats as TSV). I use Piwik 2.12.1.

They did not match and differed ~25%:
In the GUI the (aggregated) download number was lower, the sum of the downloads over the whole date range in the exported file showed a higher number.

I tried different data ranges but could not find out what the specific error pattern is. For one file the error seemed to occur when the download number crossed the 10k mark but this didn’t apply for the other file.

I could not find any reported bug on this issue and this error just seems to affect stats within specific date ranges (monthly stats seem to be correct) but I would nevertheless estimate it as a seriuos bug.

Could you please take a look into this matter?

Best,
hulotte

Hi hulotte

can you reproduce this issue on the demo.piwik.org ?

if so, please create an issue on Issues · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub
with the steps to reproduce and links. thanks!

I can’t reproduce the error because the download numbers are very low on the demo instance.

Could you import some data to the download section of the demo instance (perhaps under a new idSite)?

Thanks,
hulotte

This error occurred on another Piwik instance for another data range and four files I checked.

All download figures in the TSV export were lower than in the GUI.

As I said, I cannot reproduce the error on the demo Piwik but I still think this is a really serious bug which should be looked into.

Hi there,

Feel free to try again installing with the latest 2.15.0 beta version which includes many fixes and improvements, see: I would like to test early beta and RC releases, how do I enable automatic updates to use these development versions? - Analytics Platform - Matomo

If you still have a problem, please create an issue on our tracker GitHub - matomo-org/piwik: Liberating Web Analytics. Star us on Github? +1. Matomo is the leading open alternative to Google Analytics that gives you full control over your data. Matomo lets you easily collect data from websites, apps & the IoT and visualise this data and extract insights. Privacy is built-in. We love Pull Requests!