Error after upgrade to 2.14.0, no column

After upgrading to 2.14.0 all dashboard widgets state this:

SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘log_visit.config_os’ in ‘field list’

I saw some fixes via phpMyAdmin, but none seemed to be for the above one.

Thanks

Hi there,

please try the workaround at: 301 Moved Permanently

Thanks.

Unfortunatelly, none of that adresses column ‘log_visit.config_os’ in ‘field list’

I must comment that Piwik has gone a long way (all positive). The scale of its usage prompts that a beginer has to be able to implement it without such hasle.

Thanks

Try ALTER TABLE piwik_log_visit ADD COLUMN config_os char(3) NOT NULL;

Thanks.

Unfortunately, widgets still show:

SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘log_visit.config_browser_name’ in ‘field list’

:confused:

IT seems your Piwik tables don’t have a prefix, so try:

ALTER TABLE log_visit ADD COLUMN config_os char(3) NOT NULL;

I got this error.
The workaround helped only a little bit.
“WARNING: … piwik/plugins/UserLanguage/Visitor.php(24): Notice - Undefined index: location_browser_lang - Piwik 2.14.0 - Please report this message in the Piwik forums: http://forum.piwik.org (please do a search first as it might have been reported already)”

In the widgets is written: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column ‘log_visit.location_browser_lang’ in ‘field list’

I use a prefix.

Yes, they do have a prefix (piwik_).

In this case it was about config_browser_name. After entering that, Piwik now complains about config_browser_version.

Why are all this columns missing?

Hi everybody,
I got the same error. I triggered the mysql command:
ALTER TABLE piwik_log_visit ADD COLUMN location_browser_lang VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL;
It is important to list the database tables to see the prefix. In my case wa piwik_

It is important to list the database tables to see the prefix.

Thanks. As an OP, that was not a problem in my case anyway. It’s a bunch of missing columns. As I fix one, another one comes up. That’s the question waiting for an answer. Why so many?

Would anyone by now be able to explain why so many columns are missing?

Thanks

Hi there,

this is a bug, we will investigate it ASAP see Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'log_visit.location_browser_lang' in 'field list'" · Issue #8304 · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub

Thanks.

I suppose this latest 2.14.1 update did not include the fix for this particular problem. Is that correct, please?

Thank you

The next 2.14.2 will include the fix for this issue. it will be released in the coming days.