No data recorded, !500 GET request to piwik.php failed

I was hoping to be able to use Piwik to track my visitors. I installed Piwik 2.14.0 on my webhost Loopia.se (PHP 5.5.22). No data is recorded. I updated it to Piwik 2.14.1 data is still not recorded. During the installation process of Piwik on Loopia.se in step 2 I get a warning:

! 500 GET request to piwik.php failed. Try whitelisting this URL from HTTP Authentication and disable mod_security (you may have to ask your webhost). After making this change, restart your web server.

My host does not have mod_security. Piwik is working on my localhost so I know how to configure it.

I have an other webhost (Binero.se, PHP 5.6.11) so I try to install Piwik there instead. In step 2 I get an error that I have to set always_populate_raw_post_data=-1
in php.ini. I do not have access to the webhosts php.ini so i can not change that parameter.

My experience of trying to record visitors data with Piwik is not great and I am still not able to record any visitors on any of my two webhosts.
Please help me if you have any suggestions what to do to make it work.

Hi there,

please check your server error log, to get more info about the piwik.php 500 error?

Regarding the php.ini change, you can ask your web hosting company who will be able to help