Piwik's database size shot up since upgrade to 2.14

Hi,

Ever since we upgraded to 2.14.0 (we’re now on .2), the disk usage of the piwik database has shot up dramatically. Previously it was growing at about 6GB per month; since the upgrade it’s now at almost 9GB per WEEK.

No other changes were made when Piwik was upgraded. Archiving is done via cron running hourly.

Is this significant increase in disk usage to be expected, or is there a bug here? If it’s a bug, do you have any suggestions on how I can help to track it down?
If it’s not a bug, is there any way we can reduce the rate at which this data is growing?

Thanks,
Chris

(originally posted this in the “General questions” forum a few weeks ago, which I realise was probably the wrong place – if an admin wants to delete that message please feel free)

Hi

Didn’t notice that.
Neverless try to optimize log_visit, log_link_visit_action, and archive_blob_2015_(last_month) regularly.

OPTIMIZE NO_WRITE_TO_BINLOG TABLE analytics.table_name

Regards,
J. Meirim

Hi there,

Feel free to try again installing with the latest 2.15.0 beta version which includes many fixes and improvements, see: I would like to test early beta and RC releases, how do I enable automatic updates to use these development versions? - Analytics Platform - Matomo

If you still have a problem, please create an issue on our tracker GitHub - matomo-org/piwik: Liberating Web Analytics. Star us on Github? +1. Matomo is the leading open alternative to Google Analytics that gives you full control over your data. Matomo lets you easily collect data from websites, apps & the IoT and visualise this data and extract insights. Privacy is built-in. We love Pull Requests!