Piwik not reporting visits

I just spent half an hour going thru my blog using an iPad to check out a new theme, and when I later checked it, Piwik has no record of this visit made. It logs visits from Safari Mobile on iOS normally, and has in the past logged visits from the same device that I have used but now off-late, it refused to do so. Is there any bug?

hi there,

Please try again with our latest Piwik 2.15.0 beta. A bug was fixed which may help track your data. See: I would like to test early beta and RC releases, how do I enable automatic updates to use these development versions? - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Hi Matt, I updated Piwik twice in the last 2.5 weeks.
The issue has gotten worse. A lot of my own visits are not being tracked.

Hi, the issue is still the same/has gotten worse.
As of last night [20 hours ago], Piwik has stopped recording sessions made with Firefox on my PC. I am logged into Piwik using the same browser. It logs sessions from all browsers on my PC, and Firefox from other devices, but simply refused to recognise a visit made from my browser. I have updated to the latest version, but it isn’t working.

Do you have a adblocker active on your Firefox? That might block the Piwik tracking.

Hi SteveG, I haven’t installed an Ad Blocker on Firefox. It just arbitrarily stopped tracking it. However, Piwik now picks up visits from Firefox on the same PC when in InPrivate mode.

Have you maybe set a cookie to exclude your visits in piwik administration?
Maybe try to remove all cookies from your piwik domain an try if it works in non private mode again.

Thank you very much SteveG,
While I didn’t change any settings in Firefox, the issue seems to have resolved itself after I deleted all cookies and cleared the cache on Firefox. I don’t know why it happened all of a sudden.
However, the Mobile Safari issue still remains.

Regarding Mobile Safari please see Tracking on iOS 9 with Safari · Issue #8715 · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub