2.15.0-b17 update crashes server

Hi,

I was just trying to upgrade to 2.15.0-b17 via the online tool, and it seems to crash my server. Rebooted it, tried again, and same thing. Is anyone else having the same issues? I know its a beta - but just wanted to see if it was just me (and if I need to dig deeper)

TIA

Andy

also my screen lay out has crapped out … the menu is not in place after the update…how do you fix that ?/

thanks

also my screen lay out has crapped out … the menu is not in place after the update…how do you fix that ?/

Would it be possible to give us access to your Piwik so we can investigate? so far we haven’t been able to reproduce

hi

yes its possible… do you have any go to meeting or any other remote access apps that can be used.

thanks

Hi Matt,

Sure thing. Please email me on andy@ultranerds.co.uk, and I can arrange that. Its weird - because load wise it seems to sit ok:

top - 06:56:57 up 2 days, 21:22, 1 user, load average: 0.37, 0.16, 0.09
Tasks: 90 total, 3 running, 87 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie
%Cpu(s): 53.0 us, 38.3 sy, 0.0 ni, 0.0 id, 8.7 wa, 0.0 hi, 0.0 si, 0.0 st
KiB Mem: 1010988 total, 991948 used, 19040 free, 48696 buffers
KiB Swap: 262140 total, 7524 used, 254616 free. 463348 cached Mem

…yet to reboot it, I have to go into my Cloud system, and do a hard reboot (as it locks me out of SSH)

Cheers

Andy

The menu problem is still in 2.15.0-b19… is there anyway to rollback to a version before beta 17… beta 17 made some chnages to the DB so not sure if just replacing the installation would work ??

Avneet - could you please start your own thread, instead of hijacking mine? Your issue has nothing to do with it crashing the server with an upgrade, so makes no sense trying to use my post to ask your question :wink:

Cheers

Andy

The latest RC is still causing me issues when trying to update :confused:

Hello,

Please upgrade to latest RC, if you still have some problem, create a new post in the forums or an issue at: Issues · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub

thanks!

Hi,

Are you suggesting doing a manual update? Because the “automatic” one doesn’t work… thus the issue :wink:

Cheers

Andy

Yes, please do a manual upgrade. the button to upgrade was broken temporarily in a few late-betas, thanks