[BETA TESTING] Piwik 0.6-rc1 Beta testing thread

Hello!

Piwik 0.6-rc1 is available for download as a public release. Please try it out on your test server and let us know, in this thread, if you have any issue. If not, this will be released as Piwik 0.6 stable at the end of April.

Known bugs

• the Visits per server time report doesn’t show dates in the website specified timezones, but in UTC
  • the tooltip in the Goal report page doesn’t display conversion counts

How to beta test Piwik?
The easiest way is to install a new Piwik, on a fresh DB, and add the code to your website (next to your existing Piwik JS tracking code).

If you want to test your existing Piwik install upgraded to 0.6-rc1, we recommend the following method:

• copy your current Piwik database in a test database that you will use with 0.6-rc1
  • download Piwik 0.6-rc1 and unzip in your server in test_piwik/ - do NOT overwrite your current production Piwik.
  • copy your config/config.ini.php from your running stable Piwik 0.5.5 (or other) and copy it in your test_piwik/config/
  • VERY IMPORTANT: modify test_piwik/config/config.ini.php and replace your stable DB name with your copy test DB. This ensures that the upgrade is only executed in the test DB.
  • go to your website/test_piwik/ and run the upgrade. This might take a long time as there are large DB schema upgrades.
  • get the JS code from the test_piwik install and copy paste it in your website footer, just after your original Piwik JS tracking code. Visits will be tracked in both Piwik at the same time.
  • test Piwik style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Download Piwik 0.6-rc1
Click on: http://builds.piwik.org/piwik-0.6-rc1.zip

Report bugs
Please write bugs that you may find in this forum thread. We will read it often and ensure we follow up and fix issues. Thank you for your help!

On which rev is based on ? (2098 ? )

Thx for all, piwik is great!

The release candidate is based on r2107.

As further clarification to beta testers, the instructions above would be to set-up a second Piwik installation, and run it in parallel to an existing installation.

And if you don’t already have Piwik installed, you can still try out the release candidate. All feedback is welcome.

Hi,

0.6RC1 works fine for me! Congrats for this good work!

Settings -> Websites -> Global Website Settings -> Global list of Excluded IPs:

My IP is already shown (“Your current IP address is 217.235.222.xx”). Why not making it an option to insert the respective IP automatically? Tomorrow I’ll have another IP for sure…

BTW: Excluding my IP works perfectly! Waiting for this feature for sooo long! :wink:

Settings -> Users -> Add a new user -> New users access: Admin -> Logout

Login with new user account for the first time: Settings page is shown with “User settings”, “Users” and “Websites” tabs.

Clicking on “Websites” forces Superuser login.

Why doesn’t an admin user have access to websites settings? And if not, why show him the tab?

That’s for today.

Again: Thx for this good work!

Kind regards from Germany
Michael

Wie und Wo muss ich was ändern damit ich alte Datenbank Einträge (URI) nachträglich ohne Parameters habe

bad an fix englisch

How and Where do I change what I order old database entries (URI) subsequently have no parameter

Hi!

Cron job works now! I’m just trying it with few tens of visits, but it makes his job.
But I don’t understand : why configure “Reports for today will be processed at most every…” so that we have already created a crontab?

Thanks for your job, it’s great!

Hi,

something strange:

• Can’t add a new website.
  • Can’t change existing websites settings (time zone, currency)

-> clicking on “Save”, getting a “Your changes have been saved.”

But they are not. The database content stays untouched. No new website is shown on the websites settings page.

Someone else?

I can send a phpinfo.php-link per PM.

• add new user (access: admin, but should function either way)

• login as new user

• change language
    -> database entry piwik_user_language created

• login as superuser

• delete new user
    -> database entry piwik_user deleted
    -> database entry piwik_user_language still exists

What’s good: Live Visitor works again (no old entries after 20 seconds)! Thanks for fixing this!

Michael

Just some feedback. Since installing the release candidate I now get the following error message where ever a flash graph should be.

Preparing archive: archive already processed [id = 250]…

or

Open Flash Chart

JSON Parse Error [Syntax Error]
Error at character 0, line 1:

0: Preparing archive: archive already processed [id = 283].

This is was installed over 0.5.5 install and using existing data.

If someone from the development team wants to have a look I can send you a link to the site.

New funcionalities are ok but database is now larger than before.

Eukaryota/Michael:

• re: sitesmanager access: we plan to allow users (view/admin) to display the javascript tracking code for sites they can view
  • re: add/update site; I haven’t seen this problem; send me a
    PM
  • re: delete user language/dashboard; fixed in svn

Gus: I’ll defer to Matt to answer your question

Grumpybug: config/global.ini.php has been changed in 0.6; it looks like you’re using an old version of that file

josemaria: yes. we’ve added some indices to improve performance of the Live widget

Hi,

question about database archive tables (blob, numeric):

Why does a simple dashboard refresh increases the table size?

i.e.:

• before refresh
    piwik_archive_blob_2010_04 = 1211 entries
    piwik_archive_numeric_2010_04 = 504 entries

• after refresh
    piwik_archive_blob_2010_04 = 1250 entries
    piwik_archive_numeric_2010_04 = 520 entries

No web page visitors in the meantime…

Michael

BTW: vipsoft: Got my PM? What about the option “excluding my actual IP”?

Michael: It looks like the API plugin is deactivated. Can you re-activate it?

Re: database growing. I defer to Matt.

Hi vipsoft,

[quote=vipsoft @ Apr 21 2010, 03:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Michael: It looks like the API plugin is deactivated. Can you re-activate it?

it was activated. I de- and reactivated it.
But what for? Nothing has changed (web page add and update, db growing etc.)
QUOTE (vipsoft @ Apr 21 2010, 03:19 AM]Re: database growing. I defer to Matt.[/quote] Thx.

Database growing is an 0.5.5 issue, too.

And some additional db issue (0.5.5 and 0.6):

• deleted both the blob and numeric archive table
  • dashboard refresh for Wednesday 21 April 2010 - Day
  • both tables blob and numeric are added for April… and March! Why March?
  • dashboard refresh only increases the archive tables data for april

With the tables auto-increasing and obsolete table creating everyone with a small webhosting package will reach his MySQL database limits soon…

Michael

Hi again, friends.

In the evolution graphs of visits, the data for today are now always zero. I’m attach a pic.

Hi,

solved at least one problem:

When changing time zone and currency of an existing website or adding another website you have to press the little green check mark on the outer right of the respective row. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif

Just clicking [Enter] doesn’t work because this only sends the POST-command of the pages [save]-button. And this one only seems to be responsible for global websites settings (lower part of the settings page). style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry.gif

It’s not very intuitive, but it works the intricate way.

Maybe you can make it a whole page save button sometime?

Kind regards
Michael

Hi Guys,

First of all nice work on Piwik, I really hope this project grows and gains momentum and support. I will give myself a month to familiarise myself with the operations and then find a way where I can contribute back a little.

Now on to my first question, I read an exception to Timezones in your post above. Now I’m a little confused in how this is working, I have a server in Melbourne Australia which is +10hrs EST zone. The server time matches here, however when I put “Melbourne” in the city when installing it now is showing the current hour as the 15th hour when it should be the 1st hour.

Any help with this is appreciated, i’m not sure if by your opening post you meant this is an outstanding bug or something else.

Regards,

.Joel

[quote=Eukaryota @ Apr 15 2010, 02:24 PM]2)
Settings -> Users -> Add a new user -> New users access: Admin -> Logout

Login with new user account for the first time: Settings page is shown with “User settings”, “Users” and “Websites” tabs.

Clicking on “Websites” forces Superuser login.

Why doesn’t an admin user have access to websites settings? And if not, why show him the tab?[/quote]

Fixed in SVN

[quote=matthieu @ Apr 14 2010, 06:43 PM]Known bugs

• the Visits per server time report doesn’t show dates in the website specified timezones, but in UTC[/quote]

This was also fixed in SVN, which I believe was the last open issue.