Data Loss

Hi I am running piwik1.0 on 4 sites at the moment and had no troubles with it for months. Inexplicably the pv’s, unique and uniques were zeroed-out on one of my sites at midnight last night. The whole days data was removed from all the graphs, even though the Live Visitors still showed the traffic. Has anyone experienced this?, is this a bug?. The only thing that may have caused the issue from my point of view was that i might have refreshed the dashboard at exactly midnight and ever since that point the stats have been saying zero. The new day is unaffected.

I had the same problem at monday with piwik 1.0. There were visitor displayed during the whole day, but the next day, the graph show 0 visitor. Interesting is the menu visitors - visitor log shows all entries, even the table piwik_log_visit contains all entries of that day.

I’ve posted that in the german forum (17651), but no answer yet - has somebody an idea -or- the same experience?

[quote=Joachim @ Nov 17 2010, 09:15 PM]I had the same problem at monday with piwik 1.0. There were visitor displayed during the whole day, but the next day, the graph show 0 visitor. Interesting is the menu visitors - visitor log shows all entries, even the table piwik_log_visit contains all entries of that day.

I’ve posted that in the german forum (17651), but no answer yet - has somebody an idea -or- the same experience?[/quote]

I also have the same exact issue at home on a dsl connection with low bandwidth but at work where I have a quick t1 it loads all widgets beautifully? I am using shared hosting running php 5.2 and mysql 4.1.14 I also have added exclude cookie on both machines. Wondering if this is just a bandwidth issue or something else?

All who experience this issue, can you please try replace your file core/ArchiveProcessing.php by the new file in:
http://dev.piwik.org/trac/browser/trunk/co…eProcessing.php
(Click at the bottom to download the file)

Does the new file fix your report/timezone issues?

Thank you!

This didn’t seem to cure the problem for me. The dashboard widget “visits by server time” is not showing anything since 8PM (chicago) but the Visitors > Visitor Log is showing data up to this point. I have ran the archiver without any errors being reported but the widget display is still off.

Ubuntu 10.04 LTS - fully updated. No memory limit set for PHP CLI.

Any thoughts?

I got the data to display again. I dropped the archive tables and changed the settings to update when a report is requested from the browser. Updating from the command line did not work. I’ve set it back to archive via cron so hopefully that will work again.