Calendar line on sourceforge-Piwik not "clickable"

For our project, we use the default piwik provided for our sourceforge project website.

For some weeks now, the calendar line is no longer clickable, i.e. even in the page sourcecode, there is no hint on a calendar function. So summaries over week or month don’t work any more. I can view the statistics for the days before by going over “API” -> getReferers -> last 10 days, but only single days, no summaries.

Is this a sourceforge-wide problem or do I as sourceforge account user have any possibility of repairing this problem? Thx!

For Sourceforge hosted Piwik, please contact Sourceforge technical support. The problem may be fixed by a newer Piwik version where we’ve updated jquery and jquery-ui.

I noticed the same problem, and submitted a support ticket about this to SF, you can follow it here: https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/ticket/17978

[quote=vipsoft]
For Sourceforge hosted Piwik, please contact Sourceforge technical support. The problem may be fixed by a newer Piwik version where we’ve updated jquery and jquery-ui.[/quote]

The sourceforge team was too busy to deal with that matter, so far …

is there some local hack we could do with a GreaseMonkey script, or so?

The sourceforge team was too busy to deal with that matter, so far …

is there some local hack we could do with a GreaseMonkey script, or so?

SourceForge is retiring the HostedApps idea, see http://sourceforge.net/blog/hosted-apps-retirement/ , so probably “Piwik as HostedApp” will not be fixed ever.

I don’t know if you can workaround this by GreaseMonkey script, but…

You can install Piwik yourself in your SourceForge project web space, using MySQL database provided by SF. It’s quite straightforward and this way you get a 100% working (and up-to-date) Piwik version :slight_smile:

Looks like it: http://sourceforge.net/p/forge/site-support/2164

[quote=kambi]
You can install Piwik yourself in your SourceForge project web space, using MySQL database provided by SF. It’s quite straightforward and this way you get a 100% working (and up-to-date) Piwik version :)[/quote]

And lose all older statistics. And have a lot of work

[quote=BeniBela]

[quote=kambi]
You can install Piwik yourself in your SourceForge project web space, using MySQL database provided by SF. It’s quite straightforward and this way you get a 100% working (and up-to-date) Piwik version :)[/quote]

And lose all older statistics. And have a lot of work[/quote]

You should be able to get the database contents of your existing Piwik installation, see “Backing up your Hosted Apps” on SourceForge.net: Log In to SourceForge.net . You can then import it into your MySQL database on SourceForge. In this case you also (probably) need to install Piwik source code for the same version as used by Piwik HostedApp on SF (and only upgrade to the latest version of Piwik later, to upgrade also database structure). Disclaimer: I didn’t try it myself :slight_smile: But it should work.

As for the amount of work, I guess it depends, it went quite easy for me :slight_smile: Partly thanks to Piwik developers, they made the installation (and later upgrading) process very smooth IMHO.

[quote=kambi]

You should be able to get the database contents of your existing Piwik installation, see “Backing up your Hosted Apps” on SourceForge.net: Log In to SourceForge.net . You can then import it into your MySQL database on SourceForge. In this case you also (probably) need to install Piwik source code for the same version as used by Piwik HostedApp on SF (and only upgrade to the latest version of Piwik later, to upgrade also database structure). Disclaimer: I didn’t try it myself :slight_smile: But it should work.[/quote]

I actually tried that before. Does not work, the backup just times out…

[quote=BeniBela]
I actually tried that before. Does not work, the backup just times out…[/quote]

Try the backup method from shell. Right at the page I pointed in my last post : SourceForge.net: Log In to SourceForge.net : “…, the web based Hosted Apps Backup Facility should be your first stop, but it is known to fail for Hosted Apps with a large amount of content. If that fails for you, there’s an alternate backup utility available via the Shell service.”

See the FAQ for complete info: Installation - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Now I moved it, and it seems to work there.

But the process is aweful, hours wasted, and now it cannot even track the visitors on the sourceforge project page anymore

And it is a waste of space to install it on every project’s web space separately

You can install one piwik and track several sites in: Manage Websites - Analytics Platform - Matomo

But then you cannot just import the old database, can you?

And have different user permissions for every webpage? well, looks like it can do that