April 5th: new Piwik RC available! with Custom Date Range and many fixes

Posted by matt 

Advanced
matt [ # ]
April 05, 2011 07:07AM
we have released Piwik 1.3rc with many fixes and the new feature, Custom Date Range.

UPDATE: 1.3-rc4 now available with all known bugs fixed... this will become 1.3 if no new bug are found!

Download the new release at: [builds.piwik.org]

To update, follow instructions in: [piwik.org]

See the full list of tickets closed in: [dev.piwik.org]

Before upgrading, please backup your database (even though this should be fairly safe, demo.piwik.org is already running this version)

Please report here any bug you can find.

Thank you!

Edited 12 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2011 03:18AM by matt.
blueyed [ # ]
April 05, 2011 09:13AM
While it's not an error really, I would like the "last X day" ranges rather not include the current day.
matt [ # ]
April 05, 2011 09:22AM
Included your reports in the RC2 now released (see [dev.piwik.org] for your latest report)

While it's not an error really, I would like the "last X day" ranges rather not include the current day.

Do you mean after selecting this as an option in the user settings? we could do it, since the URL should read "previous7" instead of "last7"...

Cheers,
Matt
Piwik founder

Piwik FAQ - Piwik Help - before posting a new topic
Stay tuned on the Piwik Blog. You may follow me on twitter & on github

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2011 09:47AM by matt.
blueyed [ # ]
April 05, 2011 09:52AM
matt

Do you mean after selecting this as an option in the user settings? we could do it, since the URL should read "previous7" instead of "last7"...

Yes. It is currently only available via the settings, isn't it?
It might make sense in the date picker, too - I think that "last/previous 7 days" is often more useful than "whole week".
blueyed [ # ]
April 05, 2011 09:53AM
matt
Included your reports in the RC2 now released (see [dev.piwik.org] for your latest report)
Please fix the "documentation"/comment in the controller then, too.
macringo [ # ]
April 05, 2011 10:09AM
WOW! Very nice performance boost with 1.2.5 rc2. Great Job!
matt [ # ]
April 05, 2011 10:24AM
macringo, if you are have high traffic piwik server, please post your numbers in [forum.piwik.org]

Cheers,
Matt
Piwik founder

matt [ # ]
April 06, 2011 08:44AM
RC3 now available, with a few more bug fixes, now all known bugs are fixed, please test and report any other issue or this will become the official release. Thank you!

Cheers,
Matt
Piwik founder

izarco [ # ]
April 06, 2011 01:10PM
I get this error after update

izarco [ # ]
April 06, 2011 05:26PM
Any idea?
vipsoft [ # ]
April 06, 2011 06:10PM
izarco: please check to see if config/global.ini.php was updated.

Buy me a beer. Show me some love.

Changes in the upcoming release: CHANGES
izarco [ # ]
April 06, 2011 06:29PM
Anthon: i have the Changeset 4276 of global.ini.php version
izarco [ # ]
April 06, 2011 06:30PM
I try clean installation and get the same error
izarco [ # ]
April 06, 2011 07:12PM
Solved, set 777 permisions to tmp and config folder smiling smiley
blueyed [ # ]
April 06, 2011 11:17PM
Chosing "last 7 days" in the settings for "Report date to load by default" will cause the following error on the dashboard afterwards:
"The period 'last7' is not supported. Try any of the following instead: day, week, month, year, range"

Speaking about that, what about adding "previous7" there?
matt [ # ]
April 07, 2011 02:41AM
blueyed
Chosing "last 7 days" in the settings for "Report date to load by default" will cause the following error on the dashboard afterwards:
"The period 'last7' is not supported. Try any of the following instead: day, week, month, year, range"
Thanks! fixed in [dev.piwik.org] (if you apply, don't forget to clear tmp/assets/

Why not, I'm not sure about the phrasing, as people assume that it includes today...?

Cheers,
Matt
Piwik founder

matt [ # ]
April 07, 2011 11:51AM
RC5 now available! Please keep testing, there is no known bug left.

Cheers,
Matt
Piwik founder

blueyed [ # ]
April 07, 2011 12:30PM
matt

Why not, I'm not sure about the phrasing, as people assume that it includes today...?

I think that "Previous X days (not including today)" would be clear enough.
I am no native speaker though and not sure, if there should be an option for 30 days, too.
blueyed [ # ]
April 07, 2011 12:50PM
The Live! Visitors plugin now displays only the first letter of the values (see screenshot), using trunk:4358.

blueyed [ # ]
April 07, 2011 03:42PM
I am getting the error "The parameter 'date' isn't set in the Request, and a default value wasn't provided." when going from the "All Websites" view to a site.

All websites view: index.php?module=MultiSites&action=index&idSite=1&period=range&date=last7
Site view (containing the error): index.php?module=CoreHome&action=index&date=&period=range&idSite=5
Alex [ # ]
April 07, 2011 05:24PM
just upgraded to rc5, but i am getting "invalid day range, please try again" no matter what days i choose from the calendars. cleared cache, doesn't help.

any idea?
Storm [ # ]
April 07, 2011 05:31PM
The Live! Visitors plugin is making some problems:

1) Sometimes the plugin does not start at all. In this case, I only see the top line Visitors in Real Time on a brown background.

2) When the Live! Visitors plugin is starting, something strange is happening:
The top line "Last 24 hours" and "Last 30 minutes" disappear sometime and get back, disappear again, get back, ... and so on. The changes happen at the same time when a new visitor information is printed to the plugin.

I do not know when this problem first showed up. With piwik 1.2.0 on my testing server there is no problem. With the tested 1.2.5-rc5 there is.
matt [ # ]
April 07, 2011 08:05PM
To all users having issues, can you please try to delete all templates in tmp/templates_c/* ? I think the update didn't delete the files.

Otherwise it looks like it is working on the demo, running the RC5 as well. But if you still experience the issue, please send me a PM with your Piwik URL + Login + pwd, thanks

Cheers,
Matt
Piwik founder

matt [ # ]
April 07, 2011 09:04PM
blueyed
The Live! Visitors plugin now displays only the first letter of the values (see screenshot), using trunk:4358.

Thanks for pointing this out, I introduced a regression recently now fixed in: [dev.piwik.org]

Cheers,
Matt
Piwik founder

matt [ # ]
April 07, 2011 09:12PM
Storm

1) Sometimes the plugin does not start at all. In this case, I only see the top line Visitors in Real Time on a brown background.
This was fixed in latest RC6

Cheers,
Matt
Piwik founder

matt [ # ]
April 07, 2011 09:13PM
Alex
just upgraded to rc5, but i am getting "invalid day range, please try again" no matter what days i choose from the calendars. cleared cache, doesn't help.

What are the steps to reproduce this issue, when you start fresh on yoursite.com/piwik and come to this error?

Cheers,
Matt
Piwik founder

matt [ # ]
April 07, 2011 09:21PM
blueyed
I am getting the error "The parameter 'date' isn't set in the Request, and a default value wasn't provided." when going from the "All Websites" view to a site.
Thanks for the report, fixed in [dev.piwik.org]

Cheers,
Matt
Piwik founder

April 08, 2011 05:18AM
Just being told by my friend about piwik, very awesome feature. Gonna try it right away and will come back for a feedback.

Need to improve my http://www.architect-bali.com/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2011 05:19AM by ariefputra.
April 08, 2011 02:58PM
its a nice performance, i hope there is no known bug left.

http://www.frahnet.com/ - http://lineagers.com/
SxM [ # ]
April 08, 2011 09:40PM
Little bug that i notice, on Chrome 10 for windows and Safari iphone to set the cookie to ignore visit i had to press twice the click here etc
vipsoft [ # ]
April 08, 2011 09:52PM
SxM
Little bug that i notice, on Chrome 10 for windows and Safari iphone to set the cookie to ignore visit i had to press twice the click here etc
On my iPhone, it worked for me on the first click.

SxM [ # ]
April 08, 2011 10:09PM
Ok, problaby the problem it's me grinning smiley

Sorry winking smiley
matt [ # ]
April 09, 2011 09:25AM
New RC8 released with a few more bug fixes and more goodness!

Cheers,
Matt
Piwik founder

hendrick [ # ]
April 10, 2011 06:12AM
Now! is good performance and everything still OK.

http://www.bankinvietnam.info/
http://www.battery-solarcharger.com
April 10, 2011 10:12AM
Great stuff!

Archiving time went down from 225 minutes to 160 minutes.

Thomas Seifert
Mysnip Solutions
Managed PIWIK Hosting
rayliu [ # ]
April 11, 2011 08:44AM
Custom Date Range.. does not seem to work in the dash board.. I have only 1 day at the moment but I seem to be unable to pick 2011-04-09 to 2011-04-11 in the dashboard widget.

Clicking on Apply Date Range seems to give me 'Invalid Date Range, Please try Again.

Trying the reverse does not seem to work either.
2011-04-11 to 2011-04-09.

Calendar seems disabled..

Currently testing out the
Piwik: 1.2.5-rc8 version on IE8, .. Is this not functioning as yet?
Update: Ah.. I've tested it on Mozilla Firefox, it seems like an incompatibility issue with IE8.. it only appears in firefox currently. I tried it on your online demo as well. IE8 fails to show the calendar for the widget. It only works on firefox for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2011 08:48AM by rayliu.
matt [ # ]
April 11, 2011 09:16AM
rayliu, thanks for the report, we didn't notice the bug in IE! I created a ticket that we will fix before the release [dev.piwik.org]

Cheers,
Matt
Piwik founder

matt [ # ]
April 11, 2011 09:24AM
RC10 now available, with Better Visitor Log and better Live! view, as well as Possibility to trigger Goal based on Page Titles

Cheers,
Matt
Piwik founder

rayliu [ # ]
April 11, 2011 12:00PM
Hi,

in PHP calling methods.. does custom date range work yet? Hmm I tried using it in one of the methods like

module=API
&method=VisitsSummary.get
&idSite=2
&date=2009-05-04,2011-04-13
&period=range
&format=php
&serialize=1

etc.. and does not return the results for 2009, 2010 etc.. hmms, i'll go test some more.
Cyril [ # ]
April 11, 2011 01:11PM
I've downloaded the latest RC11, copied my config.ini.php from my current installation (1.1), and got:

No entry is registered for key 'auth'
And this exception raised another exception "No entry is registered for key 'logger_exception'"

Turns out I forgot to remove references to the GeoIP plugin in my config (or forgot to install the plugin), which wasn't really obvious. I suppose the error could be made more explicit.

Also the quote character should be fixed: in the HTML source, the & is escaped: '
blueyed [ # ]
April 11, 2011 03:16PM
I am getting this error when expanding the "Best search engines with average page" widget in the dashboard:

Fatal error: Access level to Piwik_SearchEnginePosition_Filter_AddAveragePage::filter() must be public (as in class Piwik_DataTable_Filter) in /var/www/plugins/SearchEnginePosition/Filter/AddAveragePage.php on line 18

I fixed it making it use the same function declaration (`public function filter($table)`), but I have not investigated if the $table param should get used, too.

Maybe it's just the abstract class that's wrong here?
matt [ # ]
April 11, 2011 09:08PM
rayliu, period=range should work and "Sum" the data for the specified date range

Cyril, good suggestion I will take a look!

blueyed, the plugin is not compatible with the new RC unfortunately. If you can, please submit a new ZIP on the ticket of the plugin: [dev.piwik.org]

Cheers,
Matt
Piwik founder

SxM [ # ]
April 12, 2011 01:19AM
New Visitor log really rock! Thank You
rayliu [ # ]
April 12, 2011 01:30PM
Thanks for enlightening me about the "sum" part for custom date range.. i thought I would get data like multi-arrays of years or months etc... like how date=last10, period=year, would have given me.. arrays of years with data..

I've tested and so far it seems to be working right! Summation of the data! smiling smiley
n0v1 [ # ]
April 12, 2011 02:35PM
I just had a look at the Piwik Online Demo and noticed a small bug in the actions column of the new Visitor Log. HTML entities aren't displayed correctly there.
'Unique visitors "under" a page' should read 'Unique visitors "under" a page' I think. See attached screenshot.

regards,
Chris

matt [ # ]
April 12, 2011 10:05PM
1.3-rc1 now released, this will become 1.3 unless new bugs are found. Please keep testing and report here any issues!

Cyril, the bug is now fixed in 1.3-rc1
n0v1, we will take a look at the double encoding display issue.

Cheers,
Matt
Piwik founder

matt [ # ]
April 13, 2011 06:26AM
@n0v1 the bug was fixed in SVN, thanks for the report! [dev.piwik.org]

Cheers,
Matt
Piwik founder

daubman [ # ]
April 13, 2011 10:38PM
When going to settings, General settings I get the following:
Fatal error: Class 'Piwik_LanguagesManager' not found in /var/www/html/piwik/plugins/CoreAdminHome/Controller.php on line 42
(everything else so far seems to be working in the latest RC)

Settings -> General Settings directs to this URL:
piwik/index.php?module=CoreAdminHome&action=generalSettings&idSite=1&period=week&date=today

Thanks,
Aaron
matt [ # ]
April 13, 2011 10:42PM
daubman, it sounds like some files are not uploaded correctly (reupload all, or just plugins/LanguagesManager/ )

Cheers,
Matt
Piwik founder

daubman [ # ]
April 13, 2011 11:08PM
Matt: thanks for the quick reply. It turns out the languages manager plugin was not active (is this new in 1.3?)

After activating the plugin things are back to working as expected.
matt [ # ]
April 14, 2011 01:27AM
daubman, OK thanks for the details, the plugin will now be always activated: [dev.piwik.org]

Cheers,
Matt
Piwik founder

matt [ # ]
April 14, 2011 10:35AM
OK, all bugs reported here and elsewhere are now fixed, 1.3-RC2 released. Please keep testing, if nothing shows up we will move this release to be 1.3. Thank you

Cheers,
Matt
Piwik founder

April 14, 2011 05:42PM
is the mobile app, webkit based only? also, any plans to get it on the nokia OVI store?

http://budgie-tube.com
daubman [ # ]
April 14, 2011 05:49PM
Matt - thanks for the quick turnaround.

A few more hopefully easy suggestions related to dates/ranges:

1) Allow the setting of ranges, including the use of keywords like now, today, in the 'Report date to load by default' user setting.
2) In the date picker widget, allow the user to type in date keywords like now, today, etc... in the From/To fields above the calendar (currently, you have to modify the URL manually, as the date picker will not let you apply a range that it doesn't think is a valid yyyy-mm-dd format)

Thanks again,
Aaron
vipsoft [ # ]
April 14, 2011 09:54PM
budgierless: sorry, there's little chance of an official mobile app appearing in the OVI store. Piwik Mobile uses Appcelerator's Titanium Mobile framework. At present, Appcelerator has not mentioned any plans to support Symbian, Meego, or Windows Phone 7.

April 14, 2011 10:43PM
Anthon
budgierless: sorry, there's little chance of an official mobile app appearing in the OVI store. Piwik Mobile uses Appcelerator's Titanium Mobile framework. At present, Appcelerator has not mentioned any plans to support Symbian, Meego, or Windows Phone 7.

oh well thats a shame as, nokia is the number one selling phone company in the world, so its would of help give piwik access to a very wide customer base. but i guess rome was not built in a day, thanks anyways.

http://budgie-tube.com
matt [ # ]
April 15, 2011 08:33AM
RC3 now available! this should be final now!

Cheers,
Matt
Piwik founder

April 15, 2011 01:44PM
Yeah really good performance great work

http://www.mindmaster.tv
April 15, 2011 02:34PM
As of demo.piwik.org, the ui for custom date range is still immature, because the period selection isn't correctly formulated.

Now we have a radio button selection among:
  • day
  • week
  • month
  • year
  • date range

However, the day/week/month/year selection shows a fixed range of day/week/month/year, while the date range selection shows a custom days range, with no way to show a custom week, month, years range.

I think we should leave the period selection list as it was before, and to transform the date range selection in a check box, so that when it's checked/unckeded, a standard/custom day/week/month/year period is shown.
matt [ # ]
April 17, 2011 03:18AM
SVN trunk is now frozen, and we have released which will hopefuly be the last RC before final release.

Please update to RC4 and if you find any issue or bug please report!

Cheers,
Matt
Piwik founder

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Free Forum support is provided by the Piwik Community. If you require any urgent or professional help, contact Piwik Professional Services team!