April 5th: new Piwik RC available! with Custom Date Range and many fixes

we have released Piwik 1.3rc with many fixes and the new feature, Custom Date Range.

UPDATE: 1.3-rc4 now available with all known bugs fixed… this will become 1.3 if no new bug are found!

Download the new release at: http://builds.piwik.org/piwik-1.3-rc4.zip

To update, follow instructions in: Update Piwik - Analytics Platform - Matomo

See the full list of tickets closed in: adding support for windows phone 7 version 7.5 by thirashima · Pull Request #1 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

Before upgrading, please backup your database (even though this should be fairly safe, demo.piwik.org is already running this version)

Please report here any bug you can find.

Thank you!

While it’s not an error really, I would like the “last X day” ranges rather not include the current day.

Included your reports in the RC2 now released (see http://dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/4324 for your latest report)

While it’s not an error really, I would like the “last X day” ranges rather not include the current day.

Do you mean after selecting this as an option in the user settings? we could do it, since the URL should read “previous7” instead of “last7”…

[quote=matt]

Do you mean after selecting this as an option in the user settings? we could do it, since the URL should read “previous7” instead of “last7”…[/quote]

Yes. It is currently only available via the settings, isn’t it?
It might make sense in the date picker, too - I think that “last/previous 7 days” is often more useful than “whole week”.

Please fix the “documentation”/comment in the controller then, too.

WOW! Very nice performance boost with 1.2.5 rc2. Great Job!

macringo, if you are have high traffic piwik server, please post your numbers in 301 Moved Permanently

RC3 now available, with a few more bug fixes, now all known bugs are fixed, please test and report any other issue or this will become the official release. Thank you!

I get this error after update

Any idea?

izarco: please check to see if config/global.ini.php was updated.

Anthon: i have the Changeset 4276 of global.ini.php version

I try clean installation and get the same error

Solved, set 777 permisions to tmp and config folder :slight_smile:

Chosing “last 7 days” in the settings for “Report date to load by default” will cause the following error on the dashboard afterwards:
“The period ‘last7’ is not supported. Try any of the following instead: day, week, month, year, range”

Speaking about that, what about adding “previous7” there?

Thanks! fixed in http://dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/4346 (if you apply, don’t forget to clear tmp/assets/

Why not, I’m not sure about the phrasing, as people assume that it includes today…?

RC5 now available! Please keep testing, there is no known bug left.

[quote=matt]

Why not, I’m not sure about the phrasing, as people assume that it includes today…?[/quote]

I think that “Previous X days (not including today)” would be clear enough.
I am no native speaker though and not sure, if there should be an option for 30 days, too.

The Live! Visitors plugin now displays only the first letter of the values (see screenshot), using trunk:4358.

I am getting the error “The parameter ‘date’ isn’t set in the Request, and a default value wasn’t provided.” when going from the “All Websites” view to a site.

All websites view: index.php?module=MultiSites&action=index&idSite=1&period=range&date=last7
Site view (containing the error): index.php?module=CoreHome&action=index&date=&period=range&idSite=5