Country statistics

Hi my boss was confuse about the country visit so he ask me to put google analytic and piwik at same time just to compare the data between the two analytic and we see that our country visitor is wrong, In piwik we see many visitors coming from us while in google analytics we see many visitors coming from philippines. I think there is something wrong how piwik handle to get data per country. And this visitors mostly coming from facebook shared link.

http://piwik.org/faq/troubleshooting/#faq_65

thanks…

I’m using 1.6 right now already set enable_language_to_country_guess = 0 but still not getting the correct Geo mapping by country via ip. I’m still getting large traffic in US. but in google analytic it’s different output.

Are you getting any errors in your log files re: the GeoIP plugin?

I have the same problem.

I have tested it and my IP is Asia but it shows it as a US IP…it’s pretty different from google analytics.

This what I have in my apache logs.

[Thu Jan 05 16:28:31 2012] [error] Exception KeyError: KeyError(140347847624672,) in <module ‘threading’ from ‘/usr/lib64/python2.6/threading.pyc’> ignored
[Thu Jan 05 16:31:24 2012] [error] [client 192.168.0.60] File does not exist: /var/www/html/piwik/favicon.ico

Also I don’t used Geo ip plugin

Re-read the faq

If you want ip-to-country lookup, then you MUST install the geoip plugin

i have some problem,many visitor from asian counted from american.
will it fix in 1.7 ?
we’re using version 1.6 .

@vipsoft thanks for reply, just finished installed GeoIP now my worries if update to 1.7 or 1.8 would it affect existing GeoIP plugin?

Shouldn’t be a problem for 1.7.

Too early to tell what effect 1.8 will have…

I see thanks… now I’m monitoring GeoIP and World map seems data is not matching that data.

Got the same problem, have geoIP installed still seeing USA ip seen as Phillippines.

After install GeoIP I observe previous data for locator is gone how to restore it?

Still no answer on this issue. I just saw Piwik sees my country Germany as USA.

I’m having the same problem. Checking the IP’s using a separate web service shows that a lot of visitors are from countries other than the US, yet Piwik is showing that the visitor is from the US.

when you use the geoip plugin, it stores the geolocation info in new columns; these columns are not integrated with Piwik core; the geoip plugin has its own widgets

OK, so I click on ‘widgets’ and then I see ‘geoIP’ in the results (see attachment), but what to do with this? How can I integrate this data with the (real-time) visitor results on the dashboard?

Good news: GeoIP is now integrated in Piwik, enabling Accurate Visitors Geolocation in your Analytics reports. To enable GeoIP go to the Settings > Geolocation admin page, and follow the short instructions.

You can also get an even more accurate Country & City Database from here to enjoy top accuracy in detecting your visitors locations.

See also the documentation about Geolocation - Analytics Reports in Piwik.

Good news: GeoIP is now integrated in Piwik, enabling Accurate Visitors Geolocation in your Analytics reports. To enable GeoIP go to the Settings > Geolocation admin page, and follow the short instructions.

You can also get an even more accurate Country & City Database from here to enjoy top accuracy in detecting your visitors locations.

See also the documentation about Geolocation - Analytics Reports in Piwik.