Error Piwik_Db_Schema_Myisam' not found after update

Posted by HurlyBurly 

Advanced
February 16, 2012 10:51AM
First of all: Thank's for this great piece of software!

However, I get an error after automatic update:

Fatal error: Class 'Piwik_Db_Schema_Myisam' not found in /var/www/piwik/core/Db/Schema.php on line 139

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2012 11:01AM by HurlyBurly.

matt [ # ]
February 16, 2012 12:18PM
Please upload the file again, you can get it from SVN [dev.piwik.org]

Piwik FAQ - Piwik Help - before posting a new topic
Stay tuned on the Piwik Blog. I'm on twitter & on github

February 16, 2012 12:26PM
I found out that it was an issue with APC.
February 16, 2012 12:27PM
@matt: thank you, but this did not work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2012 12:28PM by HurlyBurly.
cc [ # ]
March 13, 2012 02:41PM
Hi

I have the same problem as this after upgrading to the latest Piwik 1.7.1.

I didn't realise that Innodb was not supported and a few weeks ago the MySQL database was converted from MyISAM to INNODB, however I have now converted it back but I still have this error:

Fatal error: Class 'Piwik_Db_Schema_Myisam' not found in /web/stats.transitionnetwork.org/piwik/core/Db/Schema.php on line 139

I did want to raise this as a bug on Trac, however I did a password recovery on [dev.piwik.org] but this results in a redirect loop which then prevents one accessing Trac, so I can't. I tried deleting the Trac cookies and also tried in Chrome (which has a better error message than Firefox):

The webpage at [url]http://dev.piwik.org/trac/prefs/account[/url] has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.

My concern is that if issue is not a ticket then nobody is going to notice it...?

I'm not sure what to try next...

Chris
March 13, 2012 02:51PM
It worked for me when I removed APC. Don't ask why, I don't know.
cc [ # ]
March 13, 2012 02:57PM
How do you "remove APC"?

Sorry I don't know what APC is...
cc [ # ]
March 13, 2012 03:29PM
matt's suggestion above didn't solve the prolem.

I have tried clearing the APC opcode cache and restarting apache and this didn't change anything.

I have just tried running the cron task, this generates the following error:

Starting Piwik reports archiving...

Archiving period = day for idsite = 1...
PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method Piwik_Config::getInstance() in /web/stats.transitionnetwork.org/piwi
/Schema/Myisam.php on line 437

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Piwik_Config::getInstance() in /web/stats.transitionnetwork.org/piwik/cor
ma/Myisam.php on line 437

Before I updated the Myisam.php there wasn't this error.

I then switched back to the 1.7.1 Myisam.php and the cron task runs without errors.
March 13, 2012 03:41PM
Clearing the cache had no effect for me too. I had to remove APC completely and reinstall it. After that, everything was okay.
cc [ # ]
March 14, 2012 12:55PM
HurlyBurly
Clearing the cache had no effect for me too. I had to remove APC completely and reinstall it. After that, everything was okay.

Wow, that worked for me as well!

This step really shouldn't be needed should it...!
cc [ # ]
March 14, 2012 01:09PM
I take that back, the dashboad loaded OK once but now it's back to displaying the error the same as in the screenshot above :-(
cc [ # ]
March 14, 2012 01:24PM
I have created a ticket for the trac password reset bug #3048 [dev.piwik.org]

And one for this issue #3049 [dev.piwik.org]

Best follow this matter up via trac.
cc [ # ]
March 14, 2012 03:09PM
The trac ticket #3049 has been closed with no suggestions about how to debug or fix this problem and I don't have permissions to reopen it:

[dev.piwik.org]
vipsoft [ # ]
April 16, 2012 03:06PM
In cc's case, the problem was apc settings. Disabling apc.include_once_override and setting apc.mmap_file_mask = /dev/zero did the trick.

In HurlyBurly's case, I'm guessing apc.stat is off. As a workaround, please turn apc_stat on. (This has some performance impact on the web server, but will be less problematic for the next upgrade.) We do have a fix in the next release to clear the cache after overwriting the files from the new release. Of course, this won't be apparent until the next-next update.

Buy me a beer. Show me some love.

Changes in the upcoming release: CHANGES
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Free Forum support is provided by the Piwik Community. If you require any urgent or professional help, contact Piwik Professional Services team!