Piwik update error

I recieve this error when using the onelick update option:

[b]There is an error. Please report the message and full backtrace in the Piwik forums (please do a Search first as it might have been reported already!).

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/wp/piwik/core/Unzip/PclZip.php on line 37

Backtrace -->
#0 Piwik_ErrorHandler(…) called at [/var/www/wp/piwik/core/Unzip/PclZip.php:37]#1 Piwik_Unzip_PclZip->extract(…) called at [/var/www/wp/piwik/plugins/CoreUpdater/Controller.php:109]#2 Piwik_CoreUpdater_Controller->oneClick_Unpack(…) called at [/var/www/wp/piwik/plugins/CoreUpdater/Controller.php:63]#3 Piwik_CoreUpdater_Controller->oneClickUpdate(…) called at [:]#4 call_user_func_array(…) called at [/var/www/wp/piwik/core/FrontController.php:132]#5 Piwik_FrontController->dispatch(…) called at [/var/www/wp/piwik/index.php:53][/b]

What is wrong and how can I fix this?

Can you try again the automatic upgrade? do you get the same message again?

I created a ticket :Catch automatic upgrade errors and ask user to try again · Issue #2971 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

but I am curious to know if it works when you try again?

I rebooted my server, and the update process just seems to be hanging now :/.

Before I go for a manual update, are there any log files or prudent information I should upload from my server?

There is no need to reboot your server. What do you mean it’s hanging?

I hit Update Automatically and it loads continuously with out ever ending.

do you see an error in your error log?

Have you waited 2-3 minutes?

I waited for more than an hour and I don’t see anything relating to piwik in apaches error logs.

Please look in piwik/tmp/latest/

Is the latest.zip file present? is it empty (i.e., zero-length file)? is it corrupt? (try using: unzip -t latest.zip)

The latest.zip file was corrupt :slight_smile: I deleted it and then used wget to redownload. Piwik then updated itself like a charm.

Thanks for the help!

Hi,
I have the same problem when trying to update to v 1.7.1
PCLZIP_ERR_WRITE_OPEN_FAIL (-1) Newer version of ‘/var/www/virtual/domain.com/piw/htdocs/tmp/latest/How to install Piwik.html’ exists and option PCLZIP_OPT_REPLACE_NEWER is not selected

I tested the zip file and it said: No errors detected in compressed data of latest.zip.

Still no updating.
What could it be?

Additionally, I dont understand, why there anyway exists a file with spaces in the filename.
No linux system can handle them…

Cheers.
Andre

It means the timestamp for that file is newer than the one in the upgrade package. We should always overwrite.

See patch:

http://dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/6224

thanks… ! worked like a charm