Piwik and Tapatalk

Hello !

Sorry for my english.

On my website forum, members can use tapalk for read and post. But how can I add this to piwik?

Is it possible?

Thank you for your help

use custom variables to record custom values for your visitors: Custom Variables Analytics - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Hello !

After one year, I will try this : http://www.felixdittgen.de/2013/03/17/tracking-tapatalk-users-with-piwik/

Hope it will work…

And it doesn’t work… :frowning:

I really need someone explain to e haow I can do that because my english is too bad for understand the documentation :frowning:

You might want to say what you did and what did not work, such as errors or similar. Also what kind of system are you trying to do this on. Piwik version, mysql version and so on.

I am sure you could hire one of the Piwik pro’s to do it for you if you feel you can not grasp the tutorial properly.

One thing to keep in mind if your English is as bad as you state, how can someone explain it to you in English any better than the post you linked to? I think your best bet is hire an admin to do it for you, or hire a Piwik Pro consultant.

I’m using Piwik 1.12

I use the tapatalk plugin (the last one) on a kunena forum (v.2) for a joomla (v.2.5) website

I followed all steps on this tutorial.
I tried to attach my new files UserAgentParser.php and UserSettings.php but I can’t (I can copy the code of these files here if you want)

I have no error (any error_log file in folders).

This is the code in my mobiquo.php (wich is different for all forum we use with) :

<?php
require_once('mobiquoCommon.php');

MbqMain::init();  /* frame init */
MbqMain::input();     /* handle input data */
require_once(MBQ_PATH.'IncludeBeforeMbqAppEnv.php');
MbqMain::initAppEnv();    /* application environment init */
@ ob_start();
MbqMain::action();    /* main program handle */
MbqMain::beforeOutput();  /* do something before output */
MbqMain::output();    /* handle output data */

//Include the piwikTracker.class downloaded from piwik.org
require_once('PiwikTracker.php');

//Set the piwik-url
PiwikTracker::$URL = 'the_url_to_my_piwik';

//The site-id for this website
$piwikTracker = new PiwikTracker( $idSite = 2 );

//Piwik token auth (see piwik panel -> API)
$piwikTracker->setTokenAuth('myAPI');

//Set the user IP (if not set, server IP will be used)
$piwikTracker->setIp($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']);

//Change the Tapatalk useragent
$version = str_replace('Mozilla/5.0 Firefox/3.5.6 ','',$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']);
$piwikTracker->setUserAgent($version.' (Tapatalk) Tapatalk');

//Get the tapatalk function used and fire the tracking
$request_method_name = get_method_name();
$piwikTracker->doTrackPageView('Tapatalk - '.$request_method_name);

?>

All visits are registered on piwik except from tapatalk.

PiwikTracker.php is in the same folder than mobiquo.php

I tried to put api code before mobiquo code in mobiquo.php but there is an error and tapatalk app didn’t work any more.

Do you need more informations for trying to help me?

Well first off they should not be new files. You need to edit those actual files in Piwik.

piwik/libs/UserAgentParser/UserAgentParser.php

and so on. Open each file and actually edit what is released from Piwik. Unless you meant new version of the files. I think you best bet would be posting on his comments section, since he created the “hack” to get it working. I would check and make sure its actually finding the PiwikTracker.php file. My guess is its not. Have you tried running the site with something like Firebug running?

Yes sorry, it wasn’t new files, I edited each files with the code on this tutorial.

I will try to comment his post but for the moment I don’t have my computer with me for tht and testing with firebug (I’m using my phone and it’s not easy).

About the file called “PiwikTracker.php” I downloaded it from this page : Tracking API - Analytics Platform - Matomo
But on his tutorial he call that file “piwikTracker.class.php” and I don’t know if it the same file or not.

The problem is that these files (in mobiquo folder) for tapatalk aren’t same if you use a phpBB forum, or an vbulletin forum or kunena forum, etc…
This is why it hard to run this hack…