Problem with site dropdown menus and search field

Hi all,

I just upgraded from 1.7.x to 1.8.2 and all is working well except for a couple of things. I created 2 sites after upgrading to 1.8.2. I now have Piwik tracking 13 sites. But the 2 I created are very hard to get to. I’m the administrator, with privs to access all sites, but in the ‘User settings’ section, under the ‘Report date to load by default’ the dropdown menu that is after the “Dashboard for a specific website” doesn’t list the 2 newly created sites.

Further complicating matters, when viewing the Dashboard, the site dropdown on the right doesn’t list the 2 sites either and the search field can’t be typed into. Thankfully one can type into that search field if viewing the “Visitors” tab, but not when viewing the “Dashboard” tab. Typing in that search field for the 2 missing sites, does bring them up and I can then view them, but only from the “Visitors” tab.

Is there a current limit of 11 sites in that menu? If so, why is the search field unable to be typed into for the “Dashboard” tab? I’m using Firefox 12.0 under Mac OS X 10.6.8.

Thanks for any information you can provide!

we list only 10 websites but then the search field should allow to easily get others.

can you really not type into the search field?? it sounds like a critical bug we should fix asap.
please try with another browser do you see same behavior?

I just tried it in Safari on Mac OS X 10.6.8 and it works fine. Firefox 12.0 under Mac OS X 10.6.8 does not allow me to type into that search field when the Dashboard tab is active. Typing in that field causes the system error “beep” to happen [eg: like if one tries to type a userid/password into the Mac’s login screen and the mouse isn’t active in either of those fields].

I can confirm that the cursor is inside the text field and blinks, so it does appear active.

I just noticed FF has downloaded version 13.0 so perhaps after restarting FF, it will work, but those on FF 12 may still have the issue.

Not having more than 10 sites listed in the preferences is very difficult to work around though. Right now there is no way for me to make the latest 2 sites be the default site that comes up when one logs in, since the dropdown where those sites are listed doesn’t have a search field like the non-settings page does. See attached screenshot for what I mean.

https://img.skitch.com/20120606-ga8678s24e6gpy37w87xk47jkd.jpg

Thanks for taking a look at this! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the report! nobody ever reported this bug, interestingly :slight_smile:
I created a ticket: UX: Reuse the website selector with inline search in all places in the UI · Issue #3202 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub