Suggestion to obtain Multimedia Content Analytics ( how much video was seen? )

Hi.

i need to get Multimedial content analytics. For example, when video playback starts, i need to obtain how much users loads video player, how much of those users starts playback, how much see first half of video, or complete the video view.

i’m thinking to track those informations by event , for example

trackEvent(video, loaded, “id of the video”); : when video player is loaded
trackEvent(video, started, “id of the video”); : when user click play
trackEvent(video, playback, “id of the video”, 50%); : when playback reach 50% of duration
trackEvent(video, completed, “id of the video”); : when video playback reach 100%

then i think to build a graph for every “id of the video” with those data.

is this a good idea? any suggestions?

thanks.

This sounds fine! except I would track duration as follows: Event action = “view-25%”, “view-50%”, etc.

How do I implement this code in to tag tracking piwk?

<–
trackEvent(video, loaded, "id of the video"winking smiley; : when video player is loaded
trackEvent(video, started, "id of the video"winking smiley; : when user click play
trackEvent(video, playback, “id of the video”, 50%); : when playback reach 50% of duration
trackEvent(video, completed, "id of the video"winking smiley; : when video playback reach 100%

–>

Can you write in english please?

We now have a Media Analytics plugin that tracks Videos & Audio!

More information is available here: http://www.media-analytics.net/ The plugin gives useful insights into media / video / audio analytics and adds many new reports, widgets and segments to Piwik.

Works with HTML5 video & audio, Vimeo and YouTube out of the box. Support for other players can be added easily and is documented in the developer docs. We are also happy to add support for more players upon request, please ping us. After installation the plugin will in most cases directly start tracking data see the setup guide

For a full list of features check out https://plugins.piwik.org/MediaAnalytics . Docs are available at FAQ, User Guide, Developer docs