Using IP2Location GeoLocation Database

Is it possible to use the GeoLocation database from IP2Location.com?

I’m working on adding support for IP2Location.com now. Are you able to help test?

Any updates on this project? Do you have a plugin or need another tester?

I’ll post here when it’s ready.

Good news: GeoIP is now integrated in Piwik, enabling Accurate Visitors Geolocation in your Analytics reports. To enable GeoIP go to the Settings > Geolocation admin page, and follow the short instructions.

You can also get an even more accurate Country & City Database from here to enjoy top accuracy in detecting your visitors locations.

See also the documentation about Geolocation - Analytics Reports in Piwik.

Hi vipsoft, can you please PM me when the module is ready? I can help in testing.

Btw, is this module going to work for the free LITE database? Something I plan to use for my implementation.

ip2location has gottent the piwik plugin ready at IP2Location Piwik Plugin. An alternative to the GeoIP geolocation plugin.

Has anybody got this plugin to work?

I have just downloaded it and ftp’d it to my plugins directory (along with the relevant din file), but it doesnt seem to want to do anything.

I’m thinking possibly not 2.0 compatible?

:S

The plugin is not compatible with v2.0 at this moment. IP2Loction is working on the fixes.

Ahh, OK. Thanks for that. I’ll sit patient and wait. :)o

I’m also looking forward for the Piwik support in IP2Location LITE.

In the meanwhile, I’ve found Anton’s script to convert LITE to GeoIP2. Let me try and see if it works.

http://pastebin.com/B50hbgt6

@airfox, The plugin is now compatible with piwik version 2. You may download it at IP2Location Piwik.

Thanks for that chrislim2888. (tu)

I just tried to install the plugin.

Step a, no problems: package downloaded and decompressed
Step b, no problems: package copied to /plugins/
Step c, problem: ‘Copy the downloaded IP2Location .BIN file into /plugins/IP2Location/ directory.’

There’s a Bin File?

Step d, no problems: downloaded DB3 Commercial
Step e, no problems: copied DB3 .BIN file to IP2Location/data
Step f, no problems: logged in
Step g, no problems: on plugins menu
Step h, problem: IP2Location entry not listed

Any suggestions? :S

Please ignore step c. That’s for piwik v1 version, I have removed it to avoid any confusion.

Btw, what folder did you copy to /plugins? Is it the IP2Location folder?

Perhaps, can you send us the email to support@ip2location.com? We can follow up with you closely to get all your issues resolved.