Filtering in Visitor Log

Visitors Log under Visitors tab - it would be nice if we could filter by:

• IP address
  • Referrer URL
  • keyword
  • visited page (URL)

Thanks

Yes please can we ? Filter the visitor log by IP ? We would like to see if we can follow the history of a malicious user by their IP

Yes possible, segment=visitIp==a.b.c.d

That’s great. Is there any documentation on what other Visitor Log parameters you can filter with? Filtering by Goals, Custom Variables, and Browser/OS are just a few that I’d like to be able to use. TIA

Said in other words:

A complete history of a visitor’s history. Currently, in the visitor’s log, you identify a returning user, I would like to click on this returning user’s icon (and possibly have this as a menu option under Visitor’s tab ) and have complete history log for this user, no matter how far back, of all visits to the website. Right now you have a log if visitor’s and although you identify the returning user’s there is no way to mine the visitor’s data by itself.

I think adding this feature could be easy since you already assign visitors and id.

IT’s now tracked as a feature request: Live: Returning visitor to open last visits for this visitor, in Visitor Log & Last visits widget · Issue #3343 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

Hi guys,

I had a look at the ticket above, but it ONLY covers the “returning visitor” request…

is there a request for the “visitor-log filter” features like:

• IP address
  • Referrer URL
  • keyword
  • visited page (URL)
  • goal

??

It’s a great advise.
Hope Piwik offer this moudle

Hi guys,

now the question is: How do we make piwik developers aware of our request?

Do we have to create a ticket?

Hi guys,

I just created a ticket and did some more brainstorming in it:

Now it is an official feature request. The ticket contains all ideas we gathered within this thread.

Ticket:

But does this cover my original filtering request/suggestion?

For example, I go to “Visitors Log” under “Visitors,” and I want to see direct entries only, or I ant to see visitors that came from Google only, or a single IP or IP range, or a country, or whatever.
The data is there, it is how you set it to be presented, and I guess that’s what the filtering would be for, or you may call it segmentation.
This could be applied to a bunch of pages throughout the Piwik interface, not just Visitors Log.

Thanks

[quote=MarcusSmith]
Hi guys,

I just created a ticket and did some more brainstorming in it:

Now it is an official feature request. The ticket contains all ideas we gathered within this thread.

Ticket:

Guess you added even more in this request. Thank you.

Happy New Year! If you are still using Piwik and interested in the awesome new feature of “Creating a Custom Segment in Piwik and apply to reports in Real time!” we need YOUR help, with a little or big donation at: http://crowdfunding.piwik.org/custom-segments-editor/

This will allow to dynamically add or edit, a new set of rules for example “Show all visitors from USA and using Firefox and using Google”. This will be done via a simple to use interface. See screenshots and more info here: http://crowdfunding.piwik.org/custom-segments-editor/

We are crowd funding the future of Piwik and this feature in particular. With your help we can do it.

Thanks

Matthieu

Hi Matthieu,

About the Visitor log, I wish to put the visitor log in my own format to fit my need, like the picture below. where can we start. Im referring to the visitor log only, since only certain people will login to the website.

I only wish to retrieve the 1) download link, 2) user who clicked the link, and 3) time spent viewing the link (using tablet). However, the idvisitor which matches to the user_id (piwik_log_visit table) is not consistent.

The reason why I want to use my own format if only the same visitorid this because, I wish to show each user profile picture when view the user_id history. This will help gives broad idea for visions in the future.

mathieu pls advice

this is the example where when I retrieve the visitorid for the same user_id
idvisitor is not constant.

Mathieu please advice