Delete visitor

So how much would this feature cost to implement? Do you guys have some kind of crowd funding option?

This would be the most useful feature I could think of! Whenever I test my page via webpagetest.org etc. it gets recorded and it is a pain to remove manually. Would be nice if I could just click on the visitor and select “delete”…

+plus one!

By the way: I did not contact piwik.pro with this because I don’t want to be the only sponser. But like I said: I would be willing to pay a few bucks for this one and it looks like I am not the only one. So @matt maybe you can open a crowd funding for this one?

Come on Piwik folks this feature is long over due! What do we need to do get it implemented???

Maybe it is difficult to implement? That is the only reason I can think of because why introduce so many other new features/details that are much less important than this one? I like the new design etc. but I would prefer this feature instead - good to see that I am not the only one.

I would love to see this as well!

Same here.
Maybe some user can post his work around in the meanwhile?
I mean it should be possible to create a php script that removes a specific visitor/ip from the database…

Well, this is how things work when we talk about open-source… they move much much slower than on paid platforms with full-time employees, which makes sense…

I suggested back in sept 2013 a plugin to mimic the functionality of real-time desktop notification found on other (paid) platforms… but given the fact that a plugin to do this is much more complex than removing a user from database which is requested unsuccessfully since 2011…then probably will never be done :))

from my point of view this is the one single most valuable feature from paid-platforms that piwik really lacks, desktop notification for certain actions and events on site… i would trade 95 % of all piwik menus, raports, functions, features for this… just give me visitors in real-time widget + desktop notifications and nothing more, and i am happy

as somebody said above, i would be willing to pay some bucks for this, but there is no way to do that…maybe put somewhere a list of feature requests and let users “vote” with their wallets?

ps: despite the fact that i have no ideea of coding or programming, i really wanted to get at least a sound notify when a new user is viewing my site, so i found a work-around for that, using just some javascript… i am sure that you can do the same for deleting visits from database, all you need is to want it badly enough :smiley:

I too think it’s a pity Piwik misses that feature. There are many ways to trash the stats by accident when developing. Just forget to turn off tracking once and do some cross browser testing for a week “et voila” stats are f***d and customers confused about the graphs. I have seen this and similar several times. It is sad to imagine a customer and his team looking at the graph of their project knowing that the peak of the entire curve is a mistake made by a developer. And when ever they look at it the future the false peak shall be there like a stain on a white blanket. argh!

These is STILL no solution for this, sad, really, needs to be a solution.

Hi guys,

To make your voice heard, please post a comment in the related github issue: Let me delete Visitors from Visitor Log (and undo it) · Issue #3385 · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub

I’m almost the only person from the team reading the forums but all core developers read the github issues

Matt, done, thank you for this heads up, please find a way to get these guys to add a delete feature, put the preassure on, badly needed, see my post in GitHub.Com.

Thank you

BC

@Bruce and others - our challenge is that we have very limited resources yet we achieve so much with so little. If you make business with piwik then please consider sponsoring our work such as this new feature!

It’s easy to add an undelete feature in case of a mistake right (deletion of a visitor/ip)? Sort of like how WIKI works.

Let’s get this feature in place ASAP, please. :slight_smile:

Make sure you comment in the related github issue: Let me delete Visitors from Visitor Log (and undo it) · Issue #3385 · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub

Dear Matt, I believe that if you give some estimation of $$ needed, we are more than few users willing to give a small contribution. +1 for crowd funding this feature. Regards, Francesco

Any updates on this?

Please post in related feature request: Let me delete Visitors from Visitor Log (and undo it) · Issue #3385 · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub

In case of webpagetest.org you can add ‘PTST’ to the Global list of user agents to exclude (Piwik settings > Websites > Global websites settings).

Learn how to delete specific parts of a report, or specific visits, by following these steps below

we had published this faq a while back and forgot to post it here :tick:

1 Like