File integrity check failed

Hi piwik people,

I really want to try piwik but I’m stuck on the install screen… using Filezilla with binary transfer type but no luck!

Here are my error messages:

File integrity check failed and reported some errors. This is most likely due to a partial or failed upload of some of the Piwik files. You should reupload all the Piwik files in BINARY mode and refresh this page until it shows no error.

Missing file: /home/marcoang/public_html/siti/libs/bower_components/angular-animate/.bower.json
Missing file: /home/marcoang/public_html/siti/libs/bower_components/angular/.bower.json
Missing file: /home/marcoang/public_html/siti/libs/bower_components/angular-cookies/.bower.json
Missing file: /home/marcoang/public_html/siti/libs/bower_components/angular-mocks/.bower.json
Missing file: /home/marcoang/public_html/siti/libs/bower_components/angular-sanitize/.bower.json
Missing file: /home/marcoang/public_html/siti/libs/bower_components/chroma-js/.bower.json
Missing file: /home/marcoang/public_html/siti/libs/bower_components/html5shiv/.bower.json
Missing file: /home/marcoang/public_html/siti/libs/bower_components/jquery/.bower.json
Missing file: /home/marcoang/public_html/siti/libs/bower_components/jquery-mousewheel/.bower.json
Missing file: /home/marcoang/public_html/siti/libs/bower_components/jquery-placeholder/.bower.json
Missing file: /home/marcoang/public_html/siti/libs/bower_components/jquery-placeholder/.gitattributes
Missing file: /home/marcoang/public_html/siti/libs/bower_components/jquery-placeholder/.gitignore
Missing file: /home/marcoang/public_html/siti/libs/bower_components/jquery.scrollTo/.bower.json
Missing file: /home/marcoang/public_html/siti/libs/bower_components/jquery-ui/.bower.json
Missing file: /home/marcoang/public_html/siti/libs/bower_components/jquery-ui/.gitignore
Missing file: /home/marcoang/public_html/siti/libs/bower_components/jquery-ui/themes/.gitignore
Missing file: /home/marcoang/public_html/siti/libs/bower_components/jquery-ui/ui/.jshintrc
Missing file: /home/marcoang/public_html/siti/libs/bower_components/jScrollPane/.bower.json
Missing file: /home/marcoang/public_html/siti/libs/bower_components/jScrollPane/.gitignore
Missing file: /home/marcoang/public_html/siti/libs/bower_components/jScrollPane/.gitmodules

Pretty disappointing that this question has no answer. I’m getting the same error.

I had tried using the 1 click upgrade process, it failed and broke my installation. Then I tried the command line, 3 step version:

$ wget http://builds.piwik.org/piwik.zip # download latest version
$ unzip -o piwik.zip # extract it to "piwik/" directory
$ rm piwik.zip # delete the archive and read below the next step

…which, you’d think, would bypass the “upload files in binary mode” issue.

The three terminal commands worked well with no errors. Nonetheless, when pointing my browser to my Piwik install, I still get:

File integrity check failed and reported some errors. This is most likely due to a partial or failed upload of some of the Piwik files. You should reupload all the Piwik files in BINARY mode and refresh this page until it shows no error.

Missing file: /path/to/piwik/libs/bower_components/angular-animate/.bower.json
Missing file: /path/to/piwik/libs/bower_components/angular/.bower.json
Missing file: /path/to/piwik/libs/bower_components/angular-cookies/.bower.json
Missing file: /path/to/piwik/libs/bower_components/angular-mocks/.bower.json
Missing file: /path/to/piwik/libs/bower_components/angular-sanitize/.bower.json
Missing file: /path/to/piwik/libs/bower_components/chroma-js/.bower.json
Missing file: /path/to/piwik/libs/bower_components/html5shiv/.bower.json
Missing file: /path/to/piwik/libs/bower_components/jquery/.bower.json
Missing file: /path/to/piwik/libs/bower_components/jQuery.dotdotdot/.bower.json
Missing file: /path/to/piwik/libs/bower_components/jQuery.dotdotdot/.gitignore
Missing file: /path/to/piwik/libs/bower_components/jquery-mousewheel/.bower.json
Missing file: /path/to/piwik/libs/bower_components/jquery-placeholder/.bower.json
Missing file: /path/to/piwik/libs/bower_components/jquery-placeholder/.gitattributes
Missing file: /path/to/piwik/libs/bower_components/jquery-placeholder/.gitignore
Missing file: /path/to/piwik/libs/bower_components/jquery.scrollTo/.bower.json
Missing file: /path/to/piwik/libs/bower_components/jquery-ui/.bower.json
Missing file: /path/to/piwik/libs/bower_components/jquery-ui/.gitignore
Missing file: /path/to/piwik/libs/bower_components/jquery-ui/themes/.gitignore
Missing file: /path/to/piwik/libs/bower_components/jquery-ui/ui/.jshintrc
Missing file: /path/to/piwik/libs/bower_components/jScrollPane/.bower.json

It should be made clear, those files, of course, are actually there.

Would love to hear of a solution to this.

“Pretty disappointing that this question has no answer. I’m getting the same error.”

Not only disappointing that the original question got no response, but that my follow-up got none either.

Since this exact issue has been popping up since 2011 (looking through the forum), maybe they could figure out a solution to this?

Hi @tripleman

it’s strange issue indeed. Are you having the same problem with Piwik 2.15.0? if so please create a bug report @ Issues · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub we will take a look (forums are not as well monitored as our issue tracker)

Thanks for your reply, I will do that.

Hey, this topic is alive!
Thanks tripleman for resurrecting this old bug. Could you please post if you have some good news?
Meanwhile I uninstalled everything, but I would give piwik a try.