Re-Track each (for example) 30 seconds

[quote=“Fabian Becker”]

It’s scheduled for 1.10 right now![/quote]

Awesome to hear this! …and I AM!!! very grateful to you guys for such an amazing work!!! Thanks!

has it been implemented?
Bounce pages are still shown as 0 seconds.(Piwik 2.4.1.)

Also, piwik rocks, 100% better,than GA.

Has this feature been implemented now?

I get a lot of single page views and they all report back as 0s! NOT GOOD and ultimately paints an unhelpful analytical report.

I have read through all the other forum posts about why this is the case and why things like a setHeartBeatTimer are difficult to implement…

But this was all a really long time ago. Please advise whether there are any new fixes/mods to improve on this.

Many thanks.

Hi there, pleae comment on the issue directly, we really need to schedule this one and it helps that users like you remind us! Support Ping requests to report a better 'time on page' · Issue #2041 · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub

Good news! Starting in Piwik 2.14.0 the new feature of tracking how long users stay on page (using a Heart beat timer “ping” request) has been released. You can enable it with

_paq.push(['enableHeartBeatTimer']);

By default, a ping request will be sent every 15 seconds. You can specify a custom ping delay (in seconds) by passing an argument, eg,

_paq.push(['enableHeartBeatTimer', 10]);

Learn more in the Tracking JavaScript guide: JavaScript Tracking Client: API Reference - Matomo Analytics (formerly Piwik Analytics) - Developer Docs - v3

Update today to enjoy this new feature (as well as many other improvements!)

Hello,
I have single page application with piwik as tracking system.
Here is my code:

<script type="text/javascript">
            var _paq = _paq || [];
            _paq.push(['trackPageView']);
            _paq.push(['enableLinkTracking']);
            _paq.push(['enableHeartBeatTimer', 10]);
            (function () {
                var u = "//{ip}/piwik/";
                _paq.push(['setTrackerUrl', u + 'piwik.php']);
                _paq.push(['setSiteId', 1]);
                var d = document, g = d.createElement('script'), s = d.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];
                g.type = 'text/javascript';
                g.async = true;
                g.defer = true;
                g.src = u + 'piwik.js';
                s.parentNode.insertBefore(g, s);
            })();
        </script>

The problem is in the time spent on concrete page.
For each page we have:

_paq.push(['setDocumentTitle', '{title}']);
_paq.push(['trackPageView']);

And it is tracked perfectly, but not the time. It always shows wrong value.
I could spend 3+ minutes on one page but the dashboard shows me either 00:00:00 or something like 00:00:01 which is not correct.
I see that ping requests are performed.

What can be wrong here? What information else should I provide?
Thank you in advance.

Can anybody help me?
Maybe I need to add some specific param?

Also I’ve tested on localhost with latest code - time is calculated wrongly! With HeartBeat enabled and disabled.

Not so good ((((

Check out this new FAQ: How do I accurately measure the time spent by visitors on my pages, including the time spent on the last page of their visit?

Heartbeat should work perfectly fine in the last Piwik version. if you have any issue please create a bug report on : Issues · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub