Piwik 1.5 RC testing: JS canvas charts (beta), Ecommerce analytics, and more!

Piwik 1.5 RC has been released!

we would really appreciate if you can help test this release which contains many new exciting features.

Download the ZIP: http://builds.piwik.org/piwik-1.5-rc7.zip
To update, simply upload / overwrite all existing files and then visit your Piwik. It contains many database upgrade, so make sure you run update in shell if you have a big database. Update Piwik - Analytics Platform - Matomo

NEW FEATURES

1) Ecommerce analytics
Piwik now has advanced and very powerful Ecommerce tracking. You can enable ecommerce for each website, and then setup Tracking of your ecommerce product views, add to carts and ecommerce orders. More information on the page Ecommerce Analytics

2) JS Canvas Charts (no more flash graphs!)

Piwik now draws graphs using jqplot library, in Javascript + canvas. The graphs have the same look and feel but are using fully open source stack and is more performant!

3) you can now Track Custom Variables per page! (as well as visits)
More info on Custom Variables analytics[/url] and [url=http://piwik.org/docs/javascript-tracking/#toc-custom-variables]Tracking Custom Variables

4) Inline help

Now Piwik has inline help for most reports (next to the report title), as well as inline help for Columns in reports (hover on the column name to see the documentation). This helps understand what the piwik metrics mean. If you have any suggestion on making these docs better please make a suggestion here :slight_smile:

5) Custom Logo upload

You can now upload your Custom Logo which will be displayed in the UI, on the Login screen and in the Email reports

6) New Privacy plugin

Now very easy to setup IP Anonymization from the Privacy settings. Also Access the new feature to delete Old logs from the database, to keep your DB size small !

)And more…
See also support for http outgoing proxy: How do I configure outgoing (forward) proxy in Piwik (eg. squid)?

Check out the list of closed tickets for this release for more bug fixes and new features: adding support for windows phone 7 version 7.5 by thirashima · Pull Request #1 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

Please post any issue or question in this post, thank you for your help testing!!

New RC6 Published. Fixes the Graphs bug with French, Italiano, etc.

Also new feature!! Privacy plugin included, and new feature to allow deleting logs older than N days automatically, to keep your DB size small

Enjoy this RC!

Suggestion: Why not integrate an option to ignore visits with the DNT header in the privacy plugin?

@matt : Thanks for the fixes.
@Josemi : Good idea. The Piwik module for Drupal integrate this : http://drupal.org/project/piwik

The DoNotTrack plugin is in Enable DoNotTrack support by default - ignore visits with DNT or X-Do-Not-Track header · Issue #2048 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub.

New RC7 published with minor fixes, Piwik 1.5 is now very stable, please report any issue you may have

I tried to upgrade my Piwik 1.4 installation to 1.5 RC7, but after copying the files to the server, I got:

“Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0”

What am I missing?

[quote=“Patrick Schoenbach”]
I tried to upgrade my Piwik 1.4 installation to 1.5 RC7, but after copying the files to the server, I got:

“Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0”

What am I missing?[/quote]

In my error log, I found this:

[Sun Jun 12 19:08:07 2011] [error] [client 212.168.186.204] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/php5/share/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/uploadprogress.so' - /usr/local/php5/share/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/uploadprogress.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0, referer: http://www.klangexzellenz.de/piwik/index.php?module=CoreHome&action=index&idSite=1&period=range&date=last30

Which PHP extension is missing?

Not sure, but it looks like uploadprogress.so has a problem - ask your webhost to disable this extension in php.ini?

[quote=matt]
Not sure, but it looks like uploadprogress.so has a problem - ask your webhost to disable this extension in php.ini?[/quote]

Can it be disabled safely or is it needed?

Its not needed by piwik and not related to piwik at all.

[quote=“Thomas Seifert”]
Its not needed by piwik and not related to piwik at all.[/quote]

However, the question remains, why this happens with 1.5 but not with 1.4. Is there an implicit dependency maybe?

Most supposeable Reason is the Update of the Zend Framework.

(To repeat the Post in the Blog and keep Bug tracking in one place:)

The mobile app (together with rc7) has some minor flaws:

• The sorting of the different data entities is somehow unexpected (first max numbet of actions, avg. number of actions and visitors, unique visitors and the total number of actions/impressions somewhere in the middle)
  • the graph of campaign-sources is rotated in zoom-view. I have not tested other graphs.

Tested with rc7 (de) and piwik mobile 1.7.0

[quote=campino2k]
Most supposeable Reason is the Update of the Zend Framework.[/quote]

The real problem seems to be that the table “piwik_session” does not exist.

Is it new? If so, why is it used before the upgrade?

Also new feature!! Privacy plugin included, and new feature to allow deleting logs older than N days automatically, to keep your DB size small

Enjoy this RC!

This looks fantastic, but I’m unable to track goals via javascript and rely on the php tracking api. Any idea when the new ecommerce features will be added to the tracking api?

[quote=“Patrick Schoenbach”]
The real problem seems to be that the table “piwik_session” does not exist.

Is it new? If so, why is it used before the upgrade?[/quote]

How to fix this?

[quote=morrack]
This looks fantastic, but I’m unable to track goals via javascript and rely on the php tracking api. Any idea when the new ecommerce features will be added to the tracking api?[/quote]

morrack, ecommerc features are already in the Javascript API, as explained in: Ecommerce Analytics - Analytics Platform - Matomo

And you will find the same Ecommerce functions in the PHP Tracking API as shown in the list of functions in Tracking API - Analytics Platform - Matomo

@Patrick Schoenbach
What RC are you using? please upload the latest RC, then what error message do you see?

[quote=matt]
What RC are you using? please upload the latest RC, then what error message do you see?[/quote]

I am using RC7 already. The message is: “Table usr_web35_2.piwik_session doesn`t exist.”

This message happens before the database upgrade.