[3.0.4] Personal email reports - primary dimension not grouped

Hello there,

I’m still new to Piwik and experimenting on the 30-day free cloud hosting (with the version 3.0.4). I was testing personal email reports but I found in every table, the primary dimension was always split into secondary dimensions that made a lot of confusion in the resulted table.

I’m attaching several examples to better illustrate the problem:

Example #1

Example #2
/uploads/db1181/original/2X/9/9b037f4bbe5a4a687b5b8c2157ed9ab8b35d79f7.png

Example #3 (media tracking)
/uploads/db1181/original/2X/b/b1313c856f2a90593c352c72a019371fee7c6a23.png

In widgets, these secondary dimensions are always foldable and thus I can see an overview of the primary dimension. In the reports, I didn’t find a way to deactivate the secondary dimensions and group by the primary dimension.

Please let me know if you have an idea. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi there,

Interesting, I like it. Well I would first try to play with the “Display options” in order to see if I can create a report with less information.
It seems that there is no API you can play with in order to create a specific report, I would probably think here more of creating a custom report and then add it within your report.

Hello,

Display options did not work for my case, but thanks for the hint!

Eventually I decided to switch to Reporting API that I found much more customizable.

Thanks!

Hi,
well I looked for you about the email report API but it does not allow much customization.
You can then play directly with the API reporting and use the Embed the HTML dashboard to make it fancier: https://piwik.org/docs/embed-piwik-report/

1 Like