Add elementary OS to Device Detector

I’ve recently started using elementary OS and am wondering if it could be added to the Device Detector list. That is, unless it’s too small for Piwik to bother with, and supposing it can even be differentiated from Ubuntu of which it’s based on.

Sorry for the late reply. Could you please look up the useragent of your browser? If elementary OS is exposing some information in the useragent I’ll add a detection in device detector.

No worries.

I did as you said, and unfortunately this is what my query came up with;

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:47.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/47.0

So I guess that (for now?) elementary OS is coming up as Ubuntu, as I had somewhat suspected. Thanks for clearing that up for me, and if I notice any change in the future I’ll reply to this message of yours again (which you’ll be notified of?, if I presume correctly).

Cheers

Do you have any other browser installed? Maybe Chrome exposes the “correct” os.

Thanks for taking another shot at this, but nope, no good news there either. With Chromium I got this:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Ubuntu Chromium/50.0.2661.102 Chrome/50.0.2661.102 Safari/537.36

And with Midori I got this:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux) AppleWebKit/538.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.133 Safari/538.15 Midori/0.5

There is a new version of elementary OS that just had its beta version released, so if I find out any different (now that I know what I’m looking for, thanks), I’ll reply to you again.

Cheers