Best way to debug tracking?

Hi all! New here.

The issue I’m having is that Piwik is not tracking visits for me. As in, visits are not being logged to piwik_log_visit in my DB.

I ran Firebug, and the tracking request is returning a 200, so I know that it’s finding the Piwik server, but I’m not sure where it’s going bad from there. The logger hasn’t stored anything in the DB either, so I wasn’t sure if there was any other ways to find out what’s going on.

The setup I have is a site at www.domain.com, and piwik running off piwik.domain.com

Any leads are greatly appreciated.

Mike

in piwik.php, set $GLOBALS[‘PIWIK_TRACKER_DEBUG’] = true
and look again with firebug

[quote=matthieu @ Jul 28 2010, 03:15 PM]in piwik.php, set $GLOBALS[‘PIWIK_TRACKER_DEBUG’] = true
and look again with firebug[/quote]

Should I be expecting an HTTP response? It’s coming back with an empty response body, even after updating the global.

in this case, check your error logs.

Ended up mucking with a lot of stuff and spelunking into logs to no avail.
Didn’t have much invested in the setup/data, so blew away the install/DB and started from scratch. 10 minutes later, and I have a happily working Piwik. Thanks anyways for the help though.

any ideas whats happening??? why it seems to resolve the problem when set this to “true” ???: $GLOBALS[‘PIWIK_TRACKER_DEBUG’] = true;

If you remove the debugging it still fails ?

What is the error message if you debug the piwik.php?.. call ?
https://developer.piwik.org/api-reference/tracking-api#debugging-the-tracker