Custom events 3:rd dimension in logs viewer

This feature enhancement is in reference to the default widget/viewer for custom events (found in Piwik admin interface at Action->Event).

We would like to be able to drill down into the custom events log from Category->Action->Name. The current viewer is kind of confusing to use and seems to be limited to only be able to expand into a 2:nd dimension?

Our logs contain event logs such as:
(CATEGORY, ACTION, NAME)
Clicks->Account->Login
Clicks->Account->Register
Clicks->Account->Logout
Clicks->Register->Attempt
Clicks->Register->Successful
Clicks->Login->Attempt
Clicks->Login->Successful
Action->…
User->…
Pagination->…
…

We want the logs viewer to show (1:st level):
Clicks
Account

2:nd level if Clicks is expanded:
Account
Register

3:rd level if Account is expanded:
Login
Register
Logout

If this is already possible then please let us know, otherwise it would be very useful to us to have.

1 Like

Currently the Event Tracking works only for two dimensions at a time. Having 3 dimensions sound interesting though. if you have a budget for such feature to be implemented in Piwik (which I think will be > 2,000 E ) please contact Piwik experts: http://piwik.org/consulting/

+1, this feature can be very useful for us. Example: we are using two categories “Main” and “Premium”, two actions “Download” and “Upload”, three names “Pdf”, “Gif”, “Jpg”. In current interface I can’t easily count how much events were in “Main”-“Upload”-“Pdf”. I can only count total uploads in “main” (for all extensions) and total pdfs in “uploads” (for both “main” and “premium”). Current solution is to use segmented view by “main” category, but it isn’t easy and it’s slow.