General Business Questions - Help!

Hi!

I’m not sure how I should ask my questions but I’m currently planning to install the Piwik software onto my server, and am looking to help my clients track heatmaps. I would like each client to have an interface which I provide to them so that they can track their own heatmaps, but not my other client’s heatmaps. I may help them install the javascript onto their webpage, but some clients may want to install the javascript onto their own page as well.

I have read through your website, and I have a few questions I would like to kindly ask you. I do apologize in advance for some of my questions. I don’t have a development background, though I will be working with developers, so some of my questions will appear a bit basic.

1. Do you have a demo available for the heatmap? I tried the demo on your website but am not able to view a demo for the heatmap feature
  2. Can I install the heatmaps feature only, and not other features, and give it to my clients to use?
  3. Would we install the source code into our own server to track the clicks?
  4. Do you have a click maps view? (displays each click in a small dot)
  5. Can I generate a Site overlay map, similar to Crazy Egg, which indicates the following information? Each hyperlink would be displayed in a different color, depending on the intensity of clicks.
    a. number of clicks per hyperlink
    b. time to click each hyperlink
    c. page view duration of the next page
  6. Would we be able to create a “List” view which is a list of data to identify the number of clicks per element?
  7. Do you offer functionality to:
    a. Adjusting for transparency in your heatmaps and clickmaps
    b. View heatmaps/clickmaps with any date range
    c. Email map to another individual as a screenshot or pdf
    d. Print map
  8. Can I incorporate the interface within my own control panel? Or would I need to use your interface for my customers to view the maps?
  9. Would I be able to archive old pages for comparison analysis?
    a. What happens to the maps when I change the website content? Would the page and map be automatically saved?

Thanks in advance!

Liz

Good news: we’re working on Heatmap Analytics for Piwik + scrollmap + click map! It will be awesome and make sure to hear when it’s released by signing up here: http://www.heatmap-analytics.com/

We've just released Heatmap + Session Recording for Piwik Analytics!

More info:

• Heatmaps show you where on a page your visitors click, move the mouse and how far down they scroll so you can discover which content your visitors actually pay attention to, where your content is confusing, and whether your content is engaging. Based on this information you can improve your content and page structure and ultimately increase your conversions.
  • Session Recordings lets you record all clicks, mouse movements, scrolls and form interactions of a visitor so you can replay them in a video. See exactly what your visitors did on your website to truly understand them. Find out where they have problems or get confused to improve usability and conversions.

Comes with 100% data ownership, full control over your data, and no limitations.

Learn more