HowTo: install Piwik in CentOS / RHEL

Hi,

I’ve published a draft documentation on how to install Piwik on RHEL / Centos 6/7 here:
https://forum.matomo.org/t/rhel-centos-installation/26481

I’d like to have feedback and suggestions on how to improve it. The goal here would be to have a minimal install document for testing purposes. Most production environments with important traffic would need a more elaborate setup.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks, this is a useful guide. Unfortunately, our webserver is stuck on RHEL 6 for the time being. It would be useful to add to your guide how to install a newer version of PHP and MySQL on RHEL 6, as the versions that ship as standard, although still receiving security fixes, are quite old.

Hi @david55 - I don’t use RHEL/CentOS with Piwik. Having recent a PHP / MySQL version on RHEL 6 is outside the scope of that document initially. I believe you can find such information easily online.

I also don’t think I have access to edit the document anymore as I don’t work with PiwikPro anymore.

@MagicFab

We needed to close the wiki because of a storm of vandalism posting swastikas.
If you want to update the help page, just message me.

Maybe we can enable public edits again as it seems to have calmed down.

@MagicFab,
I moved the tutorial to the knowledge base here on the forum and made it a wiki.

That way anyone can easily improve it.

1 Like

Excellent! Thank you.

Closely related to this, I have a write-up of my experience with installing Matomo on Fedora Server 29. It was using NGINX and involves configuring SELinux as well.

1 Like