Log analytics: segmentation using a custom dimension

Dear Piwik fellas,

Do you know if it is possible to segment the user statistics using a custom dimension, when feeding piwik with log files (Log Analytics)?

The website is claiming you can use all piwik features with Log Analytics.
On the other side, the documentation about custom dimension is just listing the JS, PHP and HTTP tracker: Custom Dimensions - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Thank you for helping out.

For sure it’s possible to segment by custom dimension. install the plugin CustomDimension and then create segment using the segment editor: Segmentation - Compare segments of visitors - Analytics Platform - Piwik

Hi Matthieu,

Thank for taking the time to reply to my question.

I know it is possible to segment by custom dimension. The question is, is this also possible using Log Analytics as a tracking method? If yes, it would be nice, if someone could explain what the necessary step are.

I was able to segment the statistics by a custom dimension using the JavaScript tracking API, which was quite simple to achieve. But it seems not possible with Log Analytics. Would be great, if someone could confirm that.

Thank you guys

Hi,

I also would like to be able to load data into a custom dimension from a log file. Our customer does not want to use tags fired from the browser.

I have done a general search and it looks like it should be possible, but I’m not finding exactly what I need to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Rhys