New Segment Editor available in Piwik 3.2.0-beta!

Hi everyone,

We have redesigned the Segment Editor and the new version is now available in Piwik 3.2.0-beta4 released just now!

Please test our new segment editor I would like to test early beta and RC releases, how do I enable automatic updates to use these development versions? - Analytics Platform - Piwik

Learn more about Segments: Segmentation - Compare segments of visitors - Analytics Platform - Piwik
(we’ll need to update the screenshots but it gives a good overview)

Thanks,

3 Likes

Hey, we’re on 3.2.0 and I’m an admin user trying to create and subsequently edit a segment. I have no issue setting up a segment with boolean conditionals, but in the documentation there are “edit” links next to each segment which was created previously. In recent updates, was this functionality removed? Steps to replicate below.

1. Click segment menu
  2. Click “Add new segment”
  3. Configure segment with Name and conditionals
  4. Click “Save and apply”
  5. Click segment menu
  6. Look for segment I created in step #3
  7. On segment I created in step #3, expecting to see this “edit” link on the right side of the segment name
  8. Cannot see “edit” link :frowning:

Halp?

Hi @elcolonio,

The screenshot is from an older Piwik version and should probably be replaced one time.

I have just tested it and for me it is looking like this:
grafik

When I click on the :edit_segment: button, I am able to edit the segment.

Are you using 3.2.0? I don’t have a pencil icon like you do and I can’t figure out why

Hi,

I am using 3.2.1.

How is the dropdown looking for you? Can you post a screenshot?

Can you check the Javascript-console in your browsers developer tools if there is an error?

I’m on 3.2.0 so I should probably upgrade :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will the update let me do this?

Can I create a segment with event actions and event names from different event categories?

My objective is to slice the data to understand how a group of similar user personas use our product. Say the number of times user X, Y, and Z applied the data filter. Where users are from a different event category and applied filter is from a different event category.
To understand from which region is feature X of my product being most used and who are the users of it.

• Multi-selection of events actions and names from same event category

I want to understand the number of users who exported data from my dashboard. I want to view this data by my BFSI client, Retail client, Hospitality clients, and etc. Is it possible to select these at once without creating a custom segment?